First Finds

goosehunter

Now I understand the meaning of trash, lol.

Attachments

• D0AD2A39-69F3-439A-94DC-7F90EADEB74F.jpeg
    D0AD2A39-69F3-439A-94DC-7F90EADEB74F.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 298
I had a ball, my 13 yo daughter took over the pinpointing job and digging. Great time with her. All I got was bottle caps but I think I am hooked.

Lol. Keep at it. Learn your machine inside and out and watch as the finds start getting better and better. When I first started, I dug every single target just to get s feel of what the machine was telling me. Once you get your bearings, you'll be able to tell the difference between a zinc and copper penny in no time. Silver coins will almost start yelling at you through the dirt telling you what they are haha.

Hey, don't get discouraged, all I found was trash my first time out :lol:

…...enjoy the hunt for the fresh air, exercise, and fun, and look at any good finds as a nice bonus !

(and good to get your daughter involved in the fun !)

There's plenty more of those items in your future, but with practice you'll soon be finding some coins and other good things. The important thing is HAVE FUN...….

Yup the harsh reality of the hunt, unfortunately, its NOT all silver and gold. Keep it up, the good stuff will show when you least expect it. Happy hunting!

Set up the types of items you are looking for in the back yard. See what kinds of sounds and numbers you get. It will get easier the more you know!

Congrats ! Any coins, even clad, is bettert than trash ! :lol:

The fun is in the hunt itself, but the more you hunt the greater the chance of finding more then just trash !

I enjoy finding the good stuff and the junk not so much but the junk comes with the territory. I love hunting the beach. Instead of taking their trash to the beach entrance and putting it in the trash cans they bury their trash. My best beer can find was 36 of them in one hole. Thankfully the beach patrol comes by frequently and I let them have all those cans. But once in a while. Not often. Something will come out of the sand that will make my pulse climb. There are times that If I lived in a state that had a bounty on aluminum cans I would make more off the cans than the coins I find. But every trip is a new hunt. I like hunting.

Back
Top Bottom