AT MAX Continues To Surprise Me With Depth! Got Gold And Silver Today.

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

It was cold! Frost on the windshield this morning. I subbed chest waders for a wet suit. Glad I did....water was cold and there was a strong south wind. The MAX is such a pleasure to use in true all metal mode. ground balance it, swing it and wait for the beeps. Low 20's are bobby pins. 40's read aluminum foil, bouncing signals 40-60-80 are bottle caps, smooth 50's in all directions gets gold, signals in the 80's to 90's get silver. Deep whispers are always a trump card. You just never know what will pop out.

Here are the rings.....I got more rings today from this old beach then I got in the previous 2 years! The extra depth on the MAX is really paying off for me. I dug up a couple of fishing lures, and made a ring out of the one with the nice designs on it. It turned out kind of FUNKY!

I was pulling old bottle caps with the cork on the back, and some had a small round aluminum disk still attached to the cork. It makes them sound like a coin.They are posted below. I included my oldest coin.

Attachments

• p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 293
Nice post and great finds John! I can't believe the great condition of those bottle caps:shock: I'd be happy to dig old bottle caps if they were like that:lol:

Nice post and great finds John! I can't believe the great condition of those bottle caps:shock: I'd be happy to dig old bottle caps if they were like that:lol:

They come out looking great! Then, after they dry, they fade, so I touched them up with a little mineral oil which sparked some life into them.

grate finds their:yes:

LOL! I see you lost your title under your username. This has clearly affected your spelling and sentence structure.

John -

Thank you for the details on how the MAX is doing and what things are showing up like. This is going to help me so much when mine arrives this week!

Nice rings there John. If I may interject I'd like to invite the AT-Max users to join the group if you'd like. Just started it today. If you'd like to join, Cool. If not? I know groups arent for everyone .. Cant wait to hit the beaches either this fall yet or next spring/summer.

Thanks for sharing.

One thing about you John.
You provide some nice pictures and graphs with your posts.
Easy to follow and understand too.

I like them.

Thanks for sharing.

One thing about you John.
You provide some nice pictures and graphs with your posts.
Easy to follow and understand too.

I like them.

Thanks! Photography is another hobby, like coin ring making which was a spin off from metal detecting. Using the macro feature on your camera, a tripod and the correct amount of light will give you nice close-up crisp clear pics!

John

Back
Top Bottom