Anyone here from Southern Oregon

Brett.W

Hello All,

My name is Brett and I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for someone from southern Oregon to metal detect with. I work overseas so I don't have a lot of time to detect or research areas. Anyways I'm interested in detecting around Jacksonville or around old Camp White. If anyone is interested around the end of July to Aug time frame let me know.

Thanks

Hello from Roseburg

An hour and a half north of you. I don't get down there much, but you have enough history to find some good things.

I believe there are a couple of MD groups still active down there. particularly the one from Grants Pass, if I remember right.

If I were you I would try to figure out the laws wherever you are working oversees and hit it in your off time. You are more likely to find virgin territory.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Thanks, I'll check with the guys in Grants Pass. I would love to metal detect around here. But since I'm in Baghdad, It would be hard to hold a metal detector in one hand and a gun in the other. ;)
Thanks again big fish boy

Sorry, just south of you in Southern Cal. :lol: But I understand they build some mightly fine detectors in your area!! I have two fine examples of the craftmanship and love them.

But I wish you good luck in finding a dirt fishing partner or two.

The Shark

I'm in Baghdad, It would be hard to hold a metal detector in one hand and a gun in the other. ;)
Thanks again big fish boy

uh, yeah. I didn't think about you being in the service. Please concentrate on being safe over there, we all wish you the best for doing that for the rest of us.

If you come up here, I'll take you to any kind of hunting site of your choosing. You deserve it.

Never hunted....

in J'ville, and I'd make a few calls to the Chamber or the City to make sure you can around there 1st...parts of Camp White might be open to hunting, there is a fella on Hwy 99 headed towards Central Point on the right (I won't mention his store name here...pm me for that if you'd like) might shoot in and ask him what the local laws are about Camp White...he's pretty knowledgeable in that area...I, myself, and located at the very south end of the valley and know more about this area than the Medford areas....Applegate is a good spot I've been told, might check into that area....alot of old mining history back up past Ruch!!!...

Feel free to shoot me a PM message here when your back home and ready....and above all...STAY SAFE, STAY STRONG!!! :numchuck:

uh, yeah. I didn't think about you being in the service. Please concentrate on being safe over there, we all wish you the best for doing that for the rest of us.

If you come up here, I'll take you to any kind of hunting site of your choosing. You deserve it.

Well If I find myself headed your way I might just take you up on your offer.

in J'ville, and I'd make a few calls to the Chamber or the City to make sure you can around there 1st...parts of Camp White might be open to hunting, there is a fella on Hwy 99 headed towards Central Point on the right (I won't mention his store name here...pm me for that if you'd like) might shoot in and ask him what the local laws are about Camp White...he's pretty knowledgeable in that area...I, myself, and located at the very south end of the valley and know more about this area than the Medford areas....Applegate is a good spot I've been told, might check into that area....alot of old mining history back up past Ruch!!!...

Feel free to shoot me a PM message here when your back home and ready....and above all...STAY SAFE, STAY STRONG!!! :numchuck:

Yeah that's probably a good idea about Jacksonville, I may pick up some beers maps and focus on the outskirts of town. I know who your talking about on 99, he's a great guy. I'm always in there talking about MD or mining. Anyways thanks for the tips, I'll PM you when I return home.

Yeah..he is a great fella, he's who I bought my MXT from last May....Yeah that would be cool...I'll look forward to hearing from you later on this month...Right now, I am studying the Greensprings area, I know the fella that owns the Box R Ranch and Pinehurst Inn (I go back 5 generations in that part of the country) he knows alot history on that area, old stage stops, and what they use to call "shake towns", when they'd log up there and mill it up as well, then send it down as lumber....No worries on the tips bro, just make it home in one piece and I'll teach ya all I know about this valley if ya want!!

Yeah..he is a great fella, he's who I bought my MXT from last May....Yeah that would be cool...I'll look forward to hearing from you later on this month...Right now, I am studying the Greensprings area, I know the fella that owns the Box R Ranch and Pinehurst Inn (I go back 5 generations in that part of the country) he knows alot history on that area, old stage stops, and what they use to call "shake towns", when they'd log up there and mill it up as well, then send it down as lumber....No worries on the tips bro, just make it home in one piece and I'll teach ya all I know about this valley if ya want!!

That would be awesome, sound like you know your history:D
I'm looking forward to talking with you more later this month!! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom