Dried up creek detecting tomorrow

rtr2006

Forum Supporter
Going to hit up an old dry creek bed tomorrow. Used to run to the Flint River (Alabama) from around the 1900's till the 1970's when a subdivision cut off the main supply. Some water still runs through it. Anyone have any awesome stories of dried up creeks, or do you think it's a waste of time?

I would say not a waste of time......but probably will dig a HEAP of trash. That is always part of it though...

Yea, today I went to just take a quick look. Found parts of a deer that had been killed recently.

I hunt a dry creek bed near my home. It has a ton of Lincoln's in it but not much else. I did find this fossil in it.
7adu7a7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anytime the coil is swinging is worth it...can you tell i have spring fever...good luck hunting that creek

Heck yeah, being in Alabama you always have a chance to find CW artifacts. Does the Flint river lie in the gold belt region of Alabama?

We will see what happens. I will post any finds in this thread and potentially on the finds board.

That'll give me some hope! Any idea how old it is/was?

It wasn't a bust, but man we had a tough go today. First thing I realized is that operating under huge power lines makes my MD act like it's on crack cocaine. And like some of you mentioned, a ton of trash, mainly cans. We did find something interesting. Not real sure what it is, and I'll be posting it in the all about finds area if you're interested.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 218
Back
Top Bottom