Colonial site ...gives up war of 1812 buttons

The Seeker

When it comes to finding old pioneer sites , they are not easy....But from time to time you will come across that one that gives up some fantastic coins and Relics....I have been to this new site a total of 3 times and each time we (two friend and myself) have been there we have dug some nice stuff the pictures below are of a few of the buttons and coins I found there......As you can see in the last pic the snow from winter has matted down the grass giving us a nice flat base to detect. This gives us maxium depth with the detectors. The items are at least 8 or more inches deep..... enjoy!!

Attachments

• P1150014.jpg
    P1150014.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,783
  • P1150013.jpg
    P1150013.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 688
  • P1150003.jpg
    P1150003.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 662
beauty of a find

great piece of history that button is and congrats on a very productive hunt

Nice looking button Seeker, and interestng site!
Golden:yes:

That´s awesome :cool:

The only chance I have off finding anything to do with the army is from the 40´s when the us had a base here and posts around Iceland.

Again very cool

I decided to go back to the site again....all i pulled out this time was 2 flat buttons. There are back marks on both but nothing on the front.....will keep you posted on the next hunt...........keep on digging!

John

Two buttons are better than no buttons . Remeber " Some days you get the corn ,and some days you get the cob.":lol:

Back
Top Bottom