Grapic Recognization Metal Detectors

decadude

I really love this hobby I have gone out all three days with my ace 250 that I recently got.

I have heard about Metal detectors with Graphic Recognition of finds.

If anyone owns the GTI or GTP type metal detectors can you please comment on how useful this feature is.

I notice these models are considerably higher cost than the one I have. I was wondering if it was truely worth the money for this technology.

I have the GTP 1350, it's a great unit and i didn't pay much more than you did for your unit (craigslist $250, with 14x10DD coil extra). The GTP will give you somewhat of a profile. If you go to profile and swing it back and forth over the target it will give you an estimate of the size of the target. It's great if your just digging coins and smaller items, you avoid the rest. The pinpointer is great, and depth is pretty much right on (accept when engaging larger targets that say there 4" deep and its a beer can 14" deep, this is when the profiler works well). Although I believe you have all that pretty much already built into your unit and will learn it by use. The only difference I can believe that you don't have is more settings to discriminate. I don't know about you but I run my MD full threshold and the least discrimination possible (jewelry mode in parks). If you learn to love the hobby, I'd save and search for a good deal on what you'll really want. I found I love metal detecting and have purchased my second unit just lately, as I also searched and saved. I'm now a proud owner of Garrett Infinium LS (Ebay $710 new, with sand scoop and non metal scoop and sheath, also a kellyco treasure pouch). The person that bought it, thought that it was the best thing on the market ( I agree), but didn't know anything about metal detecting. They thought you could turn it on and find gold, and all they got was alot of noise. To my chagrin I purchased the noisey unit and love it. Although I have now left all the pretty pictures (icons) the profiling, and depth to target and mostly my inline pinpointer behind, I'm on a new journey to find new treasures. All the bells and whistles may not be the leading road to gold after all!!! Rick

Attachments

• WatchNcoins1a.jpg
    WatchNcoins1a.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 1stGolda.jpg
    1stGolda.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom