Question about water getting inside coil????

Paulb

Would it hurt the coil if water got in through a crack???The reason I ask is because today I tried cleaning my Bigfoot Coil with a cleaner and when I went oout to use it tonight and tried to ground balance it it made the sound like it was overtop of a metal object.Then when I started swinging it was going crazy with beeps and was showing iron everywhere.I put on another coil and everything was fine.

My second question is this:tonight I bought a Fisher 1280x Aquanaught on ebay for water hunting but the seller stated that the coil had cracks in it and he didn't recommend using it in water.Does the water really hurt them???Also can you just replace the coil on these water machines or is it permentantly attached????Thanks.Maybe Tony can answer these.

Coils with cracks are not good. Water getting in will "short" and give erratic operation. You'll have to send the detector in to get it fixed. You need to contact Fisher first to get a return authorization first. If you need help eith that let me know.

Would it hurt the coil if water got in through a crack???The reason I ask is because today I tried cleaning my Bigfoot Coil with a cleaner and when I went oout to use it tonight and tried to ground balance it it made the sound like it was overtop of a metal object.Then when I started swinging it was going crazy with beeps and was showing iron everywhere.I put on another coil and everything was fine.

My second question is this:tonight I bought a Fisher 1280x Aquanaught on ebay for water hunting but the seller stated that the coil had cracks in it and he didn't recommend using it in water.Does the water really hurt them???Also can you just replace the coil on these water machines or is it permentantly attached????Thanks.Maybe Tony can answer these.

Mine leaked salt water into it a few years back. I took it apart, rinsed it with fresh water and let it completely dry before putting it back together. Its been working fine ever since.

Back
Top Bottom