Learning Curve with the Tejon

jhnbaker

I talked with the good folks at Tesoro today to ask a question about the Tejon as I was pulling out my wallet to call Tony and they said that the Tejon may have too steep of a learning curve since I am a newbie and they did not want me to get turned off to the hobby. I want however a good relic machine and the Vanquero that theyt suggested does not have the depth. Help!!!! TIA

If the Vaquero is anything like the Cibola (which it is, maybe a tad better because of manual ground balance) it "WILL" go deep. Steve.

I wouldn't worry about the depth of the Vaquero. Once you get used to it you can supertune to get more depth. I have a Tejon and love it, but does take some getting used to. Tony is a great dealer, but if you could get a hands on demonstration of a Tejon and Vaquero it might be helpful in your decision.

I thought that a Tejon was pretty much a Vaquero with an alternate discrimination setting and a different operating frequency. Other than manual ground balancing (which both have), what makes the learning the Tejon harder?

Are the audio responses different?

-- Tom

Mainly just a few more controls, the dual disc, adjustable audio, I think it is a little hotter, making it more chattery. You have to learn the sounds, discern between the pops and crackles, and deep targets.

They say that there isnt much difference between the two. The dual disc and adjustable audio is what sucked me in.

Back
Top Bottom