I Finally Got My Search Over Some Good Virgin Ground

beephead

Elite Member
I first headed out to a site that I've hit several times before to see if there were any silver coins left. As I was walking down the driveway to go and detect the backyard, I heard a voice say, who's there and what do you want? I said that I've detected this yard several times before. He said detecting for what? I told him that I don't know what's going on, but I have permission to detect this yard. He said come on in the security door is unlock.

When I entered I saw a old man sitting on the couch with a oxygen mask on, a quart of beer on the coffee table, and trash can full of neatly sacked empty beer bottles sitting beside him. Long story short, he just got out of rehab and his worthless son and some other people moved in and took most of his stuff while he was gone. Lucky for me he remembers me talking with him while he was out for a walk one day and that he gave me permission to detect his yard.

Anyway after I heard all the sad stuff that happened to him I preceded to the backyard to do grid search it. I found a wheat penny or two before I finally cornered a silver Rosie on the backside of the clothesline. I hated to leave the shaded backyard but I knew that I was wasting my time at that site, so I decided to head out to virgin ground.

At the new virgin ground site, it didn't take long before I got my search coil over a 1956 Washington quarter. Just a little while later I found another 1956 Washington quarter. I love finding silver quarters.

I sent the next hour or so digging mostly wheat pennies. I found a total of 20 of them for the day. I figured if I kept on digging I'd get some more silver. Finding wheat pennies always keeps me spurred on. Finally I got a little high tone out of all the trash tones and popped a 1940 Mercury dime.

Hungry for more silver I worked around a the old oak tree and got an unusual auto tone and ID numbers. I decided to dig and out pops a Rosie dime. After scanning the hole several times, I found 3 wheat pennies and a memorial penny. That's what made the Rosie sound so strange.

Anyway it's hot out there and I'll be taking a break from detecting tomorrow.

Oh yeah, on a previous hunt that I didn't post because I didn't find any silver, I found a 1903 Indian Head penny, a 1895 V Nickel and a 1933 Buffalo Nickel.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1945.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_1946.jpg
    IMG_1946.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_1964.jpg
    IMG_1964.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1965.jpg
    IMG_1965.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 555
Way to go Beep, what's the chances of finding two '56 quarters wow! The heats coming and I hate the heat myself, so won't be doing much detecting. Should have gone out these last couple days, but had the house painted , had to stick around, oh well another day.

great hunt buddy, love it!!! Everytime I see this Deus in action just makes me sad I don't own one again. Still one of the best machines I have ever used and tons of fun!!

After my day to day and seeing all your posts I've decide I need to move, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those coins are crisp! Nice work there beep! Good on ya for listening to an old Mans problems...I bet it helped him to have somebody to talk to for a little..

Awesome finds. I'm pretty new to the site and you have probably mentioned it, but how long have you been detecting? Always interesting reading your posts. You seem to find the silver! Thanks.

Very Nice hunt !!!!
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile.

What an amazing story, thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Finding those silver coins brighten my day.

Way to go Beep, what's the chances of finding two '56 quarters wow! The heats coming and I hate the heat myself, so won't be doing much detecting. Should have gone out these last couple days, but had the house painted , had to stick around, oh well another day.
Thanks! I just thinking the other day that it was about time for me to find some silver quarters. Where are the half dollars? I'm pacing myself this Summer, so I don't have another burnout like I did last year.

great hunt buddy, love it!!! Everytime I see this Deus in action just makes me sad I don't own one again. Still one of the best machines I have ever used and tons of fun!!
Thanks! You can trade your 3030 for one.

Gratz Beep! Nice finds.
Thanks! I'm going back over that site again with my secret detector to make sure that I got it all. LOL

After my day to day and seeing all your posts I've decide I need to move, lol.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! Location is key to finding lots of silver coins.

Congrats on the silver. 1956 the year I was born in good year.:lol:
Thanks! Years back, I remember carrying those silver quarters in my pocket.

Excellent digs beep congrats on the shiny day!
Thanks! I still get excited every time I unearth a silver coin.

Great batch o'silver there, nice finds! Congrats
Thanks! Some days are better than others. That last site didn't look good, but it produced.

A great day!
Thanks! I'd settle for days like that every time that I went detecting.

Great finds, great story and great pics! Congrats Beep!
Thanks! Some days are more interesting than others.

Those coins are crisp! Nice work there beep! Good on ya for listening to an old Mans problems...I bet it helped him to have somebody to talk to for a little..
Thanks! Apparently those months of rehab didn't help him. I guess I'd start drinking again if came back to what he came back to. He said that they stole his large box of old silver coins. Now that's really sad.

beephead

HIHO silver Beep you pirate! Congrats on some nice digs and although sometimes we don't want to chat it up sometimes it is nice too. I have meet and talked with many interesting and nice people. Also a lot of lonely socially unacceptable in a sense folks. I always feel better about my self helping put smiles on strangers faces. As I'm sure you do well Beephead thanks for the story.

MetalHead

So....Beep, have you detected almost everybodys property now?
Congrats again.:yes:
Thanks! Not yet, but I'm working on it.

Nice finds Beep, congratulations.
Thanks! I got lucky found a good site.

HIHO silver Beep you pirate! Congrats on some nice digs and although sometimes we don't want to chat it up sometimes it is nice too. I have meet and talked with many interesting and nice people. Also a lot of lonely socially unacceptable in a sense folks. I always feel better about my self helping put smiles on strangers faces. As I'm sure you do well Beephead thanks for the story.
MetalHead
Thanks! I pays to be nice to people because it will come right back at you.

Are you ready to sell the Deus yet ? I'm needing a remote........
Give me a little more time. It takes me awhile to get a detector figured out to get the most out of it. LOL

beephead

Back
Top Bottom