Gun Part?

mr_whipple

Been trying to figure this out to no avail. It's non-ferrous (no sticky to magnet), and I'm assuming the band / collar went completely around the large end. Square shaft that tapers to the pointed end....

Any guesses? It looks to me like something used to pin an old stock or hand grip on a pistol or some other hand tool.

Attachments

• IMG_0772_1.JPG
    IMG_0772_1.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_0771_1.JPG
    IMG_0771_1.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 414
This does not strike me as a gun part but I could be wrong. It is hard to tell in the photos but is there just one tab sticking out to the side of the larger end? It also appears that the larger end may have been melted. In any case, the broken or melted area on the larger end may mean it is actually a small piece of something larger. Do you have a pic of the larger end? (taken lengthwise)

Most of my pictures have disappeared for some reason but it doesn't remind me of any gun part that I have ever seen. Most gun parts would be able to stick to a magnet. The older ones at least.

This does not strike me as a gun part but I could be wrong. It is hard to tell in the photos but is there just one tab sticking out to the side of the larger end? It also appears that the larger end may have been melted. In any case, the broken or melted area on the larger end may mean it is actually a small piece of something larger. Do you have a pic of the larger end? (taken lengthwise)

Here ya go... more pics (not a photographer) I just think this is something I've seen somewhere and simply can't place it, not unike the old door knob part I found a while back.

It does look like the larger end may have been melted, or corroded away.

Attachments

• IMG_0781_1.JPG
    IMG_0781_1.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0782_1.JPG
    IMG_0782_1.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0774_1.JPG
    IMG_0774_1.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 277
The small end does look like something that would have been inserted into a wood handle like that file or other small hand tool, but it's non-ferrous so a file is out. It just bothers me because it looks so familiar.

You're right... I don't usually read the text, just look at the pictures. Files would be quite magnet sticky... Interesting

Back
Top Bottom