All other are newbies doin it!!!

muddyfingers

Well I figured I better say hello to all. I am a newbie to the site, and I must say this has to be the easiest site to navigate. I have been a member of a bottle forum for some time now and enjoy reading about and sharing my finds. Although I spend more time digging for bottles I do from time to time get out and detect a bit. I am a thrill junky, and seek the thrill of the dig whether its for bottles or whatever mother earth is willing to give up.

Willy

All other are newbies doin it!!

Welcome, Willy. I'm also in Fort Wayne, IN. I'm the vice president of the local metal detecting club. If you'd like to attend our next meeting, please let me know, or if you'd like someone to hunt with, let me know. I go out almost every day at least for a couple hours, and usually all day on the weekends.

Trudy
260-480-0176 Home
260-437-1066 cell

P.S. You can find our club on www.MiamiValleyTreasureHunters.com

Welcome to the forum! How do you go about finding the right spot to dig for bottles?
Sanborn maps generally help. But mostly I just look for old homesteads for their privys. Another good place for bottles and detecting is in creeks and rivers, which is my preference. I just go find the crappy side of town and generally there are creeks or rivers in the area and thats usually the easiest place to find stuff with little effort.
Willy

All other newbies doin it!!!

Well, Willy, I'll be waiting to hear from you. Perhaps you can teach ME a thing or two about hunting bottles. I do love to dig old bottles or find them in old dumps and piles, as in the woods.

Trudy

Welcome! I'm a bottle digger too and the thrill of the hunt is the main thing with that and detecting. I haven't been out yet this summer on a dump hunt but hope to go soon. I'd love to see some pictures of your bottles.

:)

Back
Top Bottom