New to the forum and to the hobby.

dwwjr56

Hello,
My name is Dave and I live in Leominster, MA. I am brand new to the metal detecting hobby. So new in fact, that I don't even have a detector yet. I did order one though after some research here and on line. I bought the Garrett Ace 250 with the extra 9x12 coil. I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money and find out I am not interested in the hobby (highly unlikely), or find out there isn't anywhere to detect around this area.

I am confused about the laws and the correct ways of getting permission to hunt different areas. I will just keep on reading and asking questions and sooner or later it might sink in. :?:

Hoping to hook up with someone from the area who wouldn't mind someone tagging along (I wont dig your site) to learn the ropes and asking some questions.

I hope to be able to contribute to this site sometime in the future, but for now I have been just browsing and learning.

Happy Hunting!

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy your 250, many rave reviews for it around here, it is a great machine for the money!

Welcome to the forum Dave! I'm sure you'll have lots of great finds with your Ace 250 - remember to post pictures of your finds!

Hello Dave!
Welcome to the form and the world of metal detecting. You are going to have so much fun! Hit some tot lots, a local park or two, maybe some friends yards. Just take your time and have fun. Make sure and post your first finds. Looking forward to seeing them.

Keep Swing'in :yes:
Jack

Welcome to the hobby and forum. I know I may have just joined the forum a short time ago, I have been MD'ing for 5 years now and it is a great hobby to be in. I love every minute of it. Theres a great group of guys here. Theres a ton of knowledge to learn here to.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I cant wait to get started. The 250 will be here tomorrow. First item 10 minutes later......:D

Anyone from around my area?

Dave

Welcome aboard Dave. The ACE250 is the perfect detector for the beginner., and you got the larger coil, which will improve performance in certain situations, so you're all set. Good luck to you, and again, welcome!!

I am confused about the laws and the correct ways of getting permission to hunt different areas. I will just keep on reading and asking questions and sooner or later it might sink in. :?:

You got it right. Research and read up on your local laws. You should be ok hunting local parks and tot lots. Just make sure you're hunting public property, otherwise definitely get permission.

Welcome and best of luck.

RD :cool:

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the forum! I am a new Ace 250 owner since the beginning of the month, and so far it has been very good to me. You'll find that this does become quite an addiction. I have been thinking about getting that larger coil, especially to use at the beach. When I ordered my 250, I got the smaller 4.5" Sniper coil. I use the Sniper around the playground equipment in the Tot Lots and real trashy areas, it seems to do real well in these areas. Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom