Good deal, or no?

fishlicker

Anyone want to peek at this and give me an opinion? I'm still trying to sort out brands and such, and although this is a little more than I was looking to spend, if it's waterproof......but then, I don't know squat about the different companies - anyone use one of these? http://www.kellycodetectors.com/cobra/viper.htm
Thanks!

Or this one....

Mpx05-combo.jpg

Or just shut up and buy a White's or the Ace 250?

Sorry to be such a pain....just don't want to make a big mistake and these two seem like decent deals.

Honestly I would go with either an Ace 250 or the Whites Prizm III. The prizm's have a 50.00 instant coupon on them right now too. Just go to http://www.whiteselectronics.com/ I am the owner of a Whites Prizm II and I wish I had spent the extra 100.00 and gotten the depth indicator that is on the Prizm III.

Well, CFMCT - it gives me three actually!

Is that a "no" on the first one, a "no" on the second one, or a shut up and buy a White's. ( Can I guess which one that is, by your sig line! :) LOL )

The problem with KellyCo is that they RAVE about every detector they sell. It's not that " yeah, this one is ok", and "this one is much better". It's all " Whooo hooo this is the BEST THING EVER! " :)

So I'm looking at KellyCo, but I'm sure i'll buy elsewhere. Besides that, the " 100% satisfaction " thing might mean 100% satisfaction in peace of mind mode, but only 70% in monetary mode. heh. ya gotta read the fine print, that's fer sure.

I was looking at the Prizm's too. Are the depth things acurate enough to be worth anything.( Seems like I've asked this one before or read some info about it, but everything is running together lately. Maybe I'm over-researching it. :( )

Just a thought but I wouldn't buy anything that didn't have some type of good reviews from reputable people.

Is that a "no" on the first one, a "no" on the second one, or a shut up and buy a White's. ( Can I guess which one that is, by your sig line! :) LOL )

The problem with KellyCo is that they RAVE about every detector they sell. It's not that " yeah, this one is ok", and "this one is much better". It's all " Whooo hooo this is the BEST THING EVER! " :)

So I'm looking at KellyCo, but I'm sure i'll buy elsewhere. Besides that, the " 100% satisfaction " thing might mean 100% satisfaction in peace of mind mode, but only 70% in monetary mode. heh. ya gotta read the fine print, that's fer sure.

I was looking at the Prizm's too. Are the depth things acurate enough to be worth anything.( Seems like I've asked this one before or read some info about it, but everything is running together lately. Maybe I'm over-researching it. :( )

My Prizm doesn't have depth cpapability but everything I've read about the Prizm 3-5 says they area accurate for coin sized items. Makes sence as thats what they are calibrated for.

Fish

Buy whatever brand you want :) I just happen to like Whites but there are a lot of good name brand detectors out there but the ones you are asking about are not good water machines...

I would not go with a Ace 250 for hunting in the wet sand, you have to reduce the gain to get it to run stable and doing so gives you less depth and depth is what you need to find gold as it sinks fast and deep.

BTW.. There is nothing wrong with Kellyco... I have purchased from them and was very satisfied... just research what you want before pulling the trigger :)

Just to reiterate what has already been said, the Prizm III should give you accurate depths on coin size items. I own one and am pleased with it for what was paid for it ($300).

Harley-Dog

I started with a Garrett Ace 250, it is a great machine for the money. If you spend a little more you might want to consider one of the Tesoro machines, such as the Cibola. The Cobra Viper is a waterproof machine, I have not seen a positive review on it yet. You might want to consider a Tesoro Tiger Shark if you want a good water AND LAND machine.

If I were you I wouldn't waste your money on a brand you have never heard of. IMHO stick with a name brand detector that has a good reputation. There are enough people on this forum using every make and model out there that finding one that suites your needs shouldn't be a problem.

Give me a call. I'll get you into something you'll be proud to own and use.

I've had my Prizm III for almost 2 years, with no problems with it. The depth finder is wonderful. Depending on the type of ground you're on...be it wood chips, sand, grass, etc., the accuracy of the depth may vary. But usually very accurate.

And it pinpoints so very easily. It can't be beaten for that.

Trudy

Thanks again everyone. Tony, you're first on my list, and from what I hear 2nd is just the first loser. :) LOL
My purchase has been put on hold while we spend about $500 on new tires and brakes for my wife's car. Right now, I'm using the cheap-o with the arm rest portion bungee'd to the shaft, and it's workin' ok I guess. :(
Dern cars and houses - always somethin' needing fixin'. :) But sooner or later.....i'm gonna get in a little deeper i'm sure. ;)

Back
Top Bottom