The BH land star

MineSeeker

well as you know i use the land star and had some trouble with the low battrie indicator.

the MD work fine , still works fine.
a little les accurcy is achived and the refresh rate is slower
but still works and the sound of the speaker tones is LOWD and clear

alase!

the low batt indicator is still on!
what to do what to do...

i took my fathers multimeter and
it showd me the battries are long gone with very low voltage!

maybe the MD is magical? :P

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 318
I wouldn't worry about it. My Landstar goes bizerk seconds after the low-battery indicator starts to blink. I get well over 30 hours out of a set using it in one hour intervals.

If you're going to check your battery's voltage, you should do it under load conditions (connected to the detector with the detector on--the voltage will be even lower than what that tester was showing).

Your pictures show one battery at 6.62 volts & the other at 7.33 volts
These are 9 volt batteries - so your batteries are low. And as Ed in KC stated batteries can only be measured accurately under load. Such as installed in your detector with it switched on, or by placing the proper resistor across the positive and negative terminals of the battery when checking the battery directly outside your detector. Steve.

But if your detector works properly don't worry about it. I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

thats a smart saying :yes:

i got a new set of duracel batteries and it works fine and the indicator is gone adn the descrimination works better two
i still keep these batteries for beckup tho.
i dont have anywhere to check it anyway

Back
Top Bottom