A couple of neat finds this past weekend

MeTrac

I was finally able to get out for a few hours this past weekend! With work, wife, kids and the Indians sweeping it's hard to find time ;-)

Anyway, the funny thing about the soldier - which is a 1930's Barclay Lead Soldier Model (missing the hat) - is that I have hit this spot at least 5 times in the last 2 months. It's just a little spot near a home built in the 20's. I know I've had my coil over where I dug this in the past. It just must have been right spot, right time! Just goes to show that you can go to old spots or spots that have been hunted many times and still find some treasures. I have to keep reminding myself of that the signal is like a cone or a V. So 8+ inches your target area is very small. This guy was about 9 inches. The old key was only about 6, also a neat find. Also found a handful of wheat pennies and some clad that I'll stash for winter cleaning.

Attachments

• res3.jpg
    res3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 620
  • res2.jpg
    res2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 602
  • res1.jpg
    res1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 592
I was finally able to get out for a few hours this past weekend! With work, wife, kids and the Indians sweeping it's hard to find time ;-)

Anyway, the funny thing about the soldier - which is a 1930's Barclay Lead Soldier Model (missing the hat) - is that I have hit this spot at least 5 times in the last 2 months. It's just a little spot near a home built in the 20's. I know I've had my coil over where I dug this in the past. It just must have been right spot, right time! Just goes to show that you can go to old spots or spots that have been hunted many times and still find some treasures. I have to keep reminding myself of that the signal is like a cone or a V. So 8+ inches your target area is very small. This guy was about 9 inches. The old key was only about 6, also a neat find. Also found a handful of wheat pennies and some clad that I'll stash for winter cleaning.

You're in stow Oh, thats where mac tools is,or is it Matco?

Very cool finds! That lead toy is really neat! Congrats!

Thanks, I thought so too! I also found what appears to be an old musket ball a few weeks ago. Not sure though, I'll post it with some measurements when I can get some pics of it.

Back
Top Bottom