I'm stumped!

gscott12250

Elite Member
Find this at a 200 year old home in a hay field. I have no clue what it is. Mabey a part off of a machine or a something. There appears to be a number 107 on the back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
6f5484679bd6d6f71de2192029286a52.jpg
3e04f8c1146c9737871ee0f394a014e6.jpg

Greg

Hmmm, another one with the Welsh plumes motif . Some will swear that it belongs to the Royal Welsh Fusiliers but I would argue that these seem to pop up from just about everywhere , even more from places these troops have never been associated with. It is definitely from a leather harness

Hmmm, another one with the Welsh plumes motif . Some will swear that it belongs to the Royal Welsh Fusiliers but I would argue that these seem to pop up from just about everywhere , even more from places these troops have never been associated with. It is definitely from a leather harness

I'd go with your idea. It looks too crude to be a Prince of Wales or Duchy regimental insignia - and there is no motto.

Because this was found near the Brandywine battlefield, I took it to the museum. The say it's a leather strap tip protector like a belt tip. image.jpg they said there were two like tacks that were hammered thru the leather and then bent over. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom