• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Detectornut1960

I found my first Barber Dime. I was swinging my Garrett AT Pro at an old house site that I had gained permission to hunt. I found some junk and a few wheats when I got a solid 82 signal. I dug down about 6 inches and I saw a glimpse of silver. Thinking I found a Rosie, I was shocked when a Barber Dime came out of the hole. This was my first ever Barber coin.
Happy hunting

Attachments

• 20200622_102810.jpg
    20200622_102810.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 20200622_102829.jpg
    20200622_102829.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 440
welcome to the Barber club. Now you must learn the secret handshake, and you get keys to the executive washroom :cool:

A big congrats on your first Barber !

I still remember when and where I found my first one - a day you'll remember for sure.

Good Hunting !

Great find and congrats on what I am sure will be the first of many, Barbers are extra special to me, as they are the oldest silver coin types I can expect to find in my area. I've been lucky to find a few dimes and 1 Barber half, I've never seen a quarter .Nice Job!

Happy belated Barberday! 1916 was the last year they made those dimes. They started minting "Mercury" dimes that same year. Not a whole lot of Barbers getting dug these days.

Back
Top Bottom