Quitting

How far are you from the beach?

For 2 reasons: Beach detecting is easier and if you are in eastern Conn. I would be worried about lyme disease in the woods. I have a niece who has it for the last 20 years.
I don't like beach detecting. I have no worry about Lyme disease, I've been detecting on land for 36 years and have never been bitten by a tick.

I enjoy being outdoors far to much to give up the Hobby. My fishing and hunting buddies are all passing away and neither of those hobbies are fun to do alone.

I went to a Pounded city park the other day to search for deep coins. Oldest coin was a 1966. But I thoroughly enjoyed finding those rascals that others had missed.

Only 95 cents for two hours work but I enjoyed myself.

I haven’t hunted since 1994, but I plan to get started again since I am retired and have a great machine to play with. I know I haven’t detected in years, but I could never imagine not liking to find stuff.

You also have a lot more communities with parks. WE have 2 million here by the way and no covered wagons.

What is the point of living in Nebraska if not for the covered wagons. I would move out immediately. All work and no covered wagons makes Homer something something.

Never ever will I quit. On the other hand detecting has made me consider committing arson on a couple occasions though.... There are some over grown areas just begging to be swung on!

I gave up for a few years, life and work got in the way of fun. Then we re-watched "The Detectorist" and I got the bug again.

I love it. I am always surprised how fast time flies and how much I wish I could stay longer every time I'm out digging. I don't see myself quitting anytime soon but I definitely do take extended breaks time and again when weather is bad or if other life events come up.

WE may not have an ocean but we have incredible scenery if you get off the interstate. We also don't have a moon-bat governor running our state into the ground.

yeah civics course tells us its 2/3rds of the house and senate and a governor to sign a bill into law. besides that a states supreme court telling moon bat its constitutional even though it isn't. I know what you meant we all have the sweet affection to our states. however the governor here your absolutely right hes not good. again Im from the east coast and we arent allowed to dig at gettysburg or any other place of historical etc. besides here california I read its not legal to dig a hole in the parks. I am like wat th heck. anyhow have a good fathers day. and may god bless you and your family.

yeah civics course tells us its 2/3rds of the house and senate and a governor to sign a bill into law. besides that a states supreme court telling moon bat its constitutional even though it isn't. I know what you meant we all have the sweet affection to our states. however the governor here your absolutely right hes not good. again Im from the east coast and we arent allowed to dig at gettysburg or any other place of historical etc. besides here california I read its not legal to dig a hole in the parks. I am like wat th heck. anyhow have a good fathers day. and may god bless you and your family.
What does all this have to do with the original post?

Back
Top Bottom