"It's All to Sad to Contemplate!"

Battlecry4

Forum Supporter
I want to announce the final demise of a true and faithful friend. She had been suffering from a brain malfunction in recent times. She had become extremely forgetful and towards the end couldn't remember anything! We frantically tried an emergency operation but to no avail. I was told by a consultant surgeon her brain had deteriorated so badly that there was no hope for her. The main life force of my Explorer XS, the circuit board had a terminal condition and that there was no replacement, as the life giving organ replacement was no longer manufactured! It's sad, but not all bad news as I've recently gained a new girl friend a Minelab Safari! We have our first date tomorrow and I'm hoping we'll have a wonderful time?:violin::sadbye::tissue:

Last edited:
My sincere condolences for your loss… :( While some may criticize you for allowing another "woman" to jump so quickly into your arms, life is too short to be lived alone. :yes: IMHO, It is better to love and lost and love again than to sit there like a sucker and let everyone else dig the loot!!! :laughing: GL & HH!!

Sorry for your loss, but the new girl is probably eager to impress. Wine her & dine her, treat her rough and she will show you the good stuff!

Last edited:
Sorry about your loss. Treat the new girl with the same attention and admiration you gave the old girl and you'll have a long and prosperous life together. You will never forget the old girl tho.

Over on this side of the pond we have a song that affects us deeply.
This is played by some scout troops at days end, and it is a deeply touching tune played at military funerals.

Seems fitting.

I'm not going all the way to Arlington!! Is it right that the "Last Postman":digginahole: Never Knocks Twice"? I'm arranging a simple service in the U.K. I wonder if I can blow my own trumpet? The problem I have is will it be burial, incineration or shall I put her in a glass cabinet like an Egyptian mummy?:egyptian::tissue:

I'm not going all the way to Arlington!! Is it right that the "Last Postman":digginahole: Never Knocks Twice"? I'm arranging a simple service in the U.K. I wonder if I can blow my own trumpet? The problem I have is will it be burial, incineration or shall I put her in a glass cabinet like an Egyptian mummy?:egyptian::tissue:

burry it in a random field and let another MD'er find it... That would be a head scratcher.

40acre1870, I could always find a deep bog and just leave "her" next to it? I could imagine what the daily papers might say as a headline banner! "METAL DETECTOR SINKS WITHOUT A TRACE".

burry it in a random field and let another MD'er find it... That would be a head scratcher.

40acre1870, I could always find a deep bog and just leave "her" next to it? I could imagine what the daily papers might say as a headline banner! "METAL DETECTOR SINKS WITHOUT A TRACE".

you guys are killin me :laughing: . In all seriousness though, sadly loss is part of life, and if the new girl can understand that you are hurt by that loss you'll get along just fine. Good luck!

Take it slow at first, let the new relationship grow at it's own pace.
It's the best way to have a truly lasting relationship.
Condolences on your loss...best wishes on your new journey to happiness.

NO, NO, NO!!!! With the rate technology is changing these days there is no time for that lovey dovey crud!!!! Treat her rough and you will get the goods!!!:laughing::laughing::wow::cool:

In all seriousness tho, learn her and love her.

Just don't let her catch you looking at other detectors on the net.They may not give you the cold shoulder.But they can make it hurt.:lol:

I want to announce the final demise of a true and faithful friend. She had been suffering from a brain malfunction in recent times. She had become extremely forgetful and towards the end couldn't remember anything! We frantically tried an emergency operation but to no avail. I was told by a consultant surgeon her brain had deteriorated so badly that there was no hope for her. The main life force of my Explorer XS, the circuit board had a terminal condition and that there was no replacement, as the life giving organ replacement was no longer manufactured! It's sad, but not all bad news as I've recently gained a new girl friend a Minelab Safari! We have our first date tomorrow and I'm hoping we'll have a wonderful time?:violin::sadbye::tissue:

Sorry for your loss :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom