Gettin' Dirty with DirtyRob...1 Hour Hunt/Ring #4 Help (Pics)

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
Got out today to do some hunting after doing some research with google earth. More looking at places to check later on...see them with my eyes...not on a screen...I'm excited at a couple of spots.

Anyway, I hit my favorite middle school on the way before the rain. I hit the tot-lot to see if it's filling up again...I took some nice numbers out of there last fall $$$$. I also hit the sidewalk strip grass at the school..and here's my score:

DSC00218.jpg

Lots of stuff in an hour....let's see..a bunch of aluminum wire from the fence, a bottle cap, screw cap, pencil eraser, part of a toy skateboard, can slaw, 2 zippers, 2 metal buttons, a long piece of metal?, a car wash token, a good luck token from the Wisconsin Dells, a Canadian quarter (1975), a bolt, my bullet #2, and OH...YEAH...Ring #4! Some change including my first Sac. dollar this year.

Here's the ring sitting on dollar...the only mark on the ring is "8"!:mad: Size? Sure looked good coming out of the ground at 4 inches...didn't have to clean it at all! Not magnetic either....?
DSC00219.jpg

totals 30 coins/$3.81...8 quarters(1-can)/4 dimes/6 nickels/11 pennies
1 ring?

What did ring up as? I've found titanium bands that come in as a perfect nickel and stainless steel that sounds like foil but isn't magnetic. They both came out perfectly shiny like that one.

What did ring up as? I've found titanium bands that come in as a perfect nickel and stainless steel that sounds like foil but isn't magnetic. They both came out perfectly shiny like that one.

I was getting a bounce from a nickel to a penny....only to find the ring was about an inch away from a zinc lincoln....I was hoping to hit another ring when I re-checked the hole.

I check the ring....solid nickel!

Back
Top Bottom