Splitting Hairs

j_h_smith

Forum Supporter
We have a county in my part of the state that requires you to get a permit to hunt the Park and Rec portions of the county (I think only good for 30 days and only good for that one park/rec area). Of course many of the Parks and Rec fields are on school property. So you must get a permit to hunt these areas.

However, what would be your opinion if you hunted the school grounds only? Now I know there may be an issue with determining where the park portion starts and where the school portion ends. Then you have the schools that don't have a park or rec fields on the school property. Would you think a permit is needed? This is a recent dilemma, when I last hunted in that county (many years ago) there were no permits required other than in Baltimore City.

What do you say?

I'd rather claim ignorance than to make the call and find out something I don't want to hear.

Thanks!

The mere fact that this distinction even exists, would be enough for me to hunt. Ie.: if there's an ambiguity, I believe that legally, it's on the side of the "maker of a contract" to have the obligation to make it clear. Naturally this isn't to say that someone can't come out and appraise you of their interpretation. Ok then, fine, let them come out and clarify if they're not liking something.

But my hunch is, you'd probably not be bothered or noticed , to even have to render this interpretation , to begin with. Heck, I bet no one comes up and cards you for your "permit" for the county parks portion either.

I'd say just go and hunt anywhere you please...if anybody asks to see your permit, tell them you are "Grandfathered In".:laughing:
Mud

Back
Top Bottom