Huge low tide this Sat!

metaladdict

Elite Member
Taking the 800 to my rock beach and goin in to the edge! Hope the current doesn't catch me and get bit by seals and sharks.
My wife hates it when I go so far away (1 hour drive one way). When its -1 foot I gotta go!!!
Show me the gold rings!!:woohoo::drive::detector:

Taking the 800 to my rock beach and goin in to the edge! Hope the current doesn't catch me and get bit by seals and sharks.
My wife hates it when I go so far away (1 hour drive one way). When its -1 foot I gotta go!!!

Don't say if you don't want to, but where (about) do you go from Santa Rosa to beach hunt.

lol, good luck!

Attachments

• aa4867ce9bf1738dfcf10454b03a45c1.jpg
    aa4867ce9bf1738dfcf10454b03a45c1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 515
  • c379f1c5d2290af73151840c56af9185--sharks-far-side-cartoons.jpg
    c379f1c5d2290af73151840c56af9185--sharks-far-side-cartoons.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 509
  • e662e689d6083873f5093233f45956bd--funny-cartoons-funny-comics.jpg
    e662e689d6083873f5093233f45956bd--funny-cartoons-funny-comics.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 633
  • FarSidePegLeg_zps28857fb0.jpg
    FarSidePegLeg_zps28857fb0.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 526
  • wp_humor_cartoonfarsidesharks.jpg
    wp_humor_cartoonfarsidesharks.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 493
Oh yeah, low tide crusty zincs here I come.

haha. Just so y'all know: If the wet sand inter-tidal zone is sterile (ie.: no erosion occurring lately), then super minus low tides do not help at all. The only thing they do, is give you lots more real estate to wander around in, and hear nothing.

If the super high/low swings of tides are not coincided with swells and on-shore winds, then you can find yourself walking in tons of acreage which is utterly sterile :(

haha. Just so y'all know: If the wet sand inter-tidal zone is sterile (ie.: no erosion occurring lately), then super minus low tides do not help at all. The only thing they do, is give you lots more real estate to wander around in, and hear nothing.

If the super high/low swings of tides are not coincided with swells and on-shore winds, then you can find yourself walking in tons of acreage which is utterly sterile :(

Don't be a doubting Tomas, Where I go its always exposed rock when its this low!

Don't be a doubting Tomas, Where I go its always exposed rock when its this low!

Aaaahhh, yes. There are some parts of our CA coast, (especially "shadowed" inlets or shadowed side of coastal projection points) that don't have that much sand movement. Or that they defy the normal "storm" criteria of when and how sand moves. Or pocket beaches on bay inlets, etc.....

A buddy of mine in So. CA ........ at a certain undisclosed spot , knows of a stretch of pockmarked tidepool area. That ........ if the tide ever pulls out enough, will never be covered with sand . It's sort of like a hardpan tidepool area. And when he can get onto that, there is gold rings & coins to be found trapped in the pock-marks. Doesn't take erosion to reach. Just super minus tides that only occur 2x per year or whatever.

But for normal open facing sandy beaches (when hardpan in-reach is not the question), then the super low tides don't bode for "better hunting" . Yeah, yeah, someone's gotta be the doubting Thomas here. Might as well be someone named "Tom", eh ? :laughing:

Find a shallow beach

I mainly hunt Aliso and was there this afternoon. The beach is so steep it looks like there might be a ten foot cut there from a hundred feet back - or the webcam. The waves come up in surges, cresting over the towel line. Some waves come in and go back out - hitting another incoming and shooting water and sand fifty feet up in the air. No way to get near the water and dig anything and a foot less shallow won’t even be noticeable.
I suppose more shallow beaches will be packed with EQ’s. Like you say, just to find more can slaw and aluminum balls.

Back
Top Bottom