Snow Snow Snow -- More On The Way...Hunted Some Snow Hills Today While The Jerky-Cola Was Drying

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
I left around noon today and headed out of Edmonton for some different busy snow hills. It was a perfect day......about one degree above freezing with a mild south wind and a perfectly clear blue sky. I managed a nice take on coins, which maybe paid for my gas. More snow on the way starting tomorrow evening. There is already a snowfall watch in effect.

I also tried my first attempt at a jerky marinate using a 20 ounce bottle of regular coca-cola, which I boiled down to a nice thick concentrate on the stove for a base marinade.

Attachments

• blind hogs.jpg
    blind hogs.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 418
here's the recipe for "JERKY COLA" as per several requests.....

Regular Cola (not diet) is very high in sugar content. Not the best health-wise, however, it makes a good sugar base marinade. Here is my first attempt at making some beef jerky with cola. My first batch was sweet and bland, so I added some Frank's Hot Bufalo sauce, which nicely brought out a nice unique flavor. I have wanted to this for some time...... and last nite was the time!

Coka-Jerky or Jerky Cola

-One pound sliced meat 1/8 - 1/4" thick
-One 591 ml/20 ounce Bottle Of Coca-Cola (not the sugar free stuff)

Boil the Coca-Cola in a pot, until there is about 4 ounces/120 ml left. This will be a thick syrup when it cools.

Pour about 2-3 ounces of this syrup with about one ounce of soya sauce into a cup. To this liquid, add the following:

Add 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder

Put the meat in a plastic mag, add the marinade, and manipulate the bag with your fingers several times to make a nice even marinate to the meat. Marinade overnight to 24 hrs, then transfer to a dehydrater. Once in dehydrater, coat both sides with Franks hot Sauce Buffalo Chicken Wing sauce. Good luck!

Attachments

• coca jerky.jpg
    coca jerky.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 316
Back
Top Bottom