Sick of garret pro pointer.

I've always thought the thing with the ProPointer is moisture. Eventually something gets wet too many times and it starts failing. For years I have only used Pro-pointer and I'm still on my second one. I keep a new one for backup but have yet to wear off the yellow logo using it as a backup.

When you clean or use a Pro-Poiunter in very wet grass you should be aware of a rookie oversight that might be taking this product out prematurely. Most of you know there is a possibility of moisture entering through the speaker area and/or your rubber on/off button (IF) it's not seated properly. But what you might not realize is the LED light is gapping hole to the electronics :shock:

In addition I've always put one of those moisture packets or those cylindrical moisture capsules found in most medicine bottles into the battery compartment after each and every use and cleaning.

Hope you have as much luck with your 139.00 Garrett PP or has the price gone up since my last order :grin:

Mine was giving me the low battery signal. I put a new name brand battery in it. It worked for maybe 10 recoveries and started acting up again. I took that battery out, touched it to my tongue and got a hot tingle. I went ahead and replaced that battery with a new one of a different brand. Pointer worked perfectly. Not saying that's your problem, but that was my experience. I wouldn't hesitate to send it back to the factory. GL!

Back
Top Bottom