Don't you hate it when.....

dirt dick

Elite Member
Don't you just hate when your at work, and you see someone else digging!
Well a friend of mine sent me a picture of a guy detecting a curb stip, saying,
"how my turf was being invaded ."
While I was at work.
Well as it turns out, it was a hunting buddy of mine on his day off...[emoji16]
(Digginuphistory)
Using the E-trac...
4e06e3ecded0eee78ecc9587a2086df9.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

My wife and kids also take pictures of other detectorists in the area. Its such a rare occurrence.

I was fishing and heard a familiar beeping from the other side of the lake. Sure enough it was an old retirered guy with a whites classic. Said he was finding some fishing weights and a bunch of pull tabs.. At least I wasn't working.

At least he didn't bring HIS buddy also to that secret spot that he promised he would never hunt without you. Wait until that happens. You won't be happy...

I frequently love sending snapchats to my hunting buddy now that he's on an opposite shift 🤣

Anyone have issues with homeowners while detecting curb strips? I've yet to hit any yet here in upstate NY

I was fishing and heard a familiar beeping from the other side of the lake. Sure enough it was an old retirered guy with a whites classic. Said he was finding some fishing weights and a bunch of pull tabs.. At least I wasn't working.

You would think that he was using headphones.

Anyone have issues with homeowners while detecting curb strips? I've yet to hit any yet here in upstate NY

Just part of the game. I look for business fronts or old houses that have been divided into multiunits. Less chance of owners having an issue. Ive been confronted many times. Most of the time, nice interactions. The handful of less than cordial ones, results in me quietly moving on to the next opportunity. No need to stand your ground (even though it is my nature) plenty of other curbstrips to explore.

That's what friends are for? I'm sure you would not pass up a chance to rub it in if he was working. I know I would with my hunting buds.

I hate to say it but you have to be secretive about your good permissions. Someone finding them could ruin it for you with the property owner. I have heard of some first hand tales where that has happened.

Good permissions are hard to come by so I don't reveal them to anyone, ever, especially not on a metal detecting forum. I assume most of us follow that practice.

Back
Top Bottom