Fourth of July...cancelled but now back on

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So our town initially was going to have a "drive in" Fourth of July fireworks show....but they changed it to you have to drive your car to the park (no walk ins permitted), but they're still having it as normal...just no vendors, playground use, etc.

That's good news for me, as I always look forward to hunting the park the day after

There are so many events cancelled this year that it will be difficult to find any of the normal recent drops. Everything I'm finding now is like mining a fossil placer; once it's mined out, there is no replenishment. No festivals, parades, tournaments, school drops...nothing. It's gonna be really poor after awhile. But I hunt dirt, maybe the beach hunters will do better. One can only hope.

In the before times our parks would have a "Bark in the Park" event a couple of times a month. Dogs and their owners meeting in the park and a bunch of pet related vendors giving samples and selling stuff, there is always a couple of booths selling lemonade or homemade ice cream as a fundraiser, often ran by kids that dropped money all over. It was one of my favorite destinations for some quick clad. They have canceled every park event where there is any money changing hands. The parks have reopened and drawing larger than normal crowds, but they don't seem to be drawing the picnicking, sunscreening, lay out the blanket and spend the day crowd. We have a nice little brick "creek" with a splash pad intermittent fountain that is popular with the toddler moms. they just turned it on this week. I haven't been by to see if there is a crowd. I have found more silver rings there than all the other parks combined. Hopefully I can get there before someone beats me to it.

I have not seen another detectorist since this stuff started. Normally, every 2nd or 3rd hunt I'll run into a hunter, often the same guys. The average age of a park detectorist here is around 80, so they may be social isolating.

We had a locality announce they were still going to hold fireworks and a parade. The announcement went out about 2pm yesterday. At about 2:10pm they announced the event was cancelled. I believe Nevada’s Governor pressured them to cancel.

Well, I'm hoping for some recent drops on Sunday....we'll see what happens though, maybe people will be more careful now, which is bad for our hobby.

Since our fireworks display is one of the only ones in the area, they're anticipating huge crowds, which will be good.

Back
Top Bottom