Where is the feared Saharan storm cloud?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I thought it was going to hit Atlanta and the way they talked on the local TV stations and it would add about 3 inches of sand over my already deep targets at my Civil War hunt sites.

It was supposed to his yesterday and today. Nothing but white clouds and blue sky. Although I did see a 2 foot dust devil in a dirt basketball court, maybe that was it?

Anyone see this storm in their hometown?

Attachments

• saharanduststormmap.jpg
    saharanduststormmap.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Really?!

I've only ever heard of such sand storms passing by in the atmosphere and affecting the weather or the air quality. In astronomy it affects the visibility for awhile, but can't say I have ever heard of actual sand being deposited from such a event... Typical fear media I guess.

A look about the news turns up a story about golden skies and people with asthma problems, but not much else as expected.

I only heard it can affect air quality and cautions those with trouble breathing to be careful till it goes by, also that it can make for nice sunsets/sunrises, and even keep the weather calmer than it it otherwise might be.

Where is the feared Saraha storm cloud?

The muder hornets are keeping it at bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine that, the news media exaggerating so people watch and they get high rating (and purposely mislead their viewers).. The little boy who cried wolf doesn't compare to the "news" media.

Imagine that, the news media exaggerating so people watch and they get high rating (and purposely mislead their viewers).. The little boy who cried wolf doesn't compare to the "news" media.

The media never makes anything up. All fact checked stories all the time. Just like me. I just found a jar full of gold coins in my yard. I'd post pics but my camera and computer are broken right now. Just take my word for it. :laughing:

It was here yesterday and in a bad way. I could tell it was harder to breathe and I constantly tasted dust in the air. I could see the haze all over town.

Visibility was down to about a half mile this morning, but it looked like fog, rather than a dust storm.
Does that count?

Roger

The Saharan dust storm happens every summer.
They tried to say the sky was falling last year when they filmed snow in Hawaii. It snows in Hawaii they even have ski resorts.
Anything to rile up the ignorant.

It was bad yesterday. Hazy and humid and the air tasted gritty. I went through a bunch of windshield washer fluid. Go into the store for half an hour and come back to a dusty windshield. It made for a beautiful red sunset. Today wasn't as bad. I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been looking for it.

Another one of those "The Sky Is Falling" loads of misinformation and speculation. No problem if it actually does arrive because everyone already has a "mask" to protect themselves from the dust.

Never heard 3 inches of sand, but around middle Tennessee the sky was very hazy over the weekend and I could feel it in my breathing a bit when out detecting. My lungs are a bit sensitive and it reminded me when we were at the beach during a red tide which also is a problem for those with sensitive respiratory systems.

It is hiding just above the mountain APEX, out of sight and is side by side with the reviews on the new Garrett machine:) In Atlanta you will need some very strong binoculars.

I don't think it's going to effect us in Wisconsin, but the news I watched pretty much matched up exactly with the actual reports I'm reading here...except I figured Atlanta, GA would be seeing/breathing it too. Anything there yet?

Back
Top Bottom