Masks for covid 19

If that’s want you want to call it. It’s been years. I won’t go any further because this is a family friendly forum.

Ha ha. The Queen has made almost 500 masks and given them away during the past 4 months, but KT's favorite is a tube style dewrag that can be worn with a motorcyle helmet, and when the helmet is removed, pulled down as a mask, the when eating out, acts as a neck gaiter. Very comfortable. Probably not the best mask due to having only 1 layer of fabric, but still serves the purpose! :D:D

On the news on TV one fellow put ladies underwear over his head and the crotch area over his nose and leg holes over his eyes. Seemed to work well. My first thought was to make sure it was fresh out of the dryer after being washed:)

Here is yet another option. https://youtu.be/oZ89eq6vbFk

Last edited:
I cut up an old T shirt and made it into a bandana. I pull it down every chance I get which is quite often. Only pull it up when someone is very close to me.

On the news on TV one fellow put ladies underwear over his head and the crotch area over his nose and leg holes over his eyes. Seemed to work well. My first thought was to make sure it was fresh out of the dryer after being washed:)

Here is yet another option. https://youtu.be/oZ89eq6vbFk

I like the idea of one made from an old bra. I'm single so I don't have an old bra. If any of you ladies would like to send me one or make me a mask from one because I'm not that good at sewing either.

Man I dont know if masks work or not any more. There is so much back and forth. At this point, I just wear a mask in public just because I can conceal my identity. Its kinda nice not having people know who you are. Remember several years ago when half the country was pissed about certain people with face covers. Haha.
#Nohopeleft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I dont know if masks work or not any more. There is so much back and forth. At this point, I just wear a mask in public just because I can conceal my identity. Its kinda nice not having people know who you are. Remember several years ago when half the country was pissed about certain people with face covers. Haha.
#Nohopeleft

The usefulness or uselessness of masks is highly debatable even in the medical community. Some say they "help". None say they totally prevent. Other doctors say they are actually harmful over the long haul.

The first time I wore a mask I had to accompany the lady to the bank. *To the bank.* I giggled as I covered my face up before walking in and directly up to a teller. It’s a different world. :D

The first time I wore a mask I had to accompany the lady to the bank. *To the bank.* I giggled as I covered my face up before walking in and directly up to a teller. It’s a different world. :D
Wasn't too long ago that "Masks and a Bank" would conjure up images of John Dillinger...…..:gettinmoney::police:

Its gonna get even easier once we defund police. Haha

A very knowledgable friend shared this with me. Makes allot of sense!

An Article Anti-maskers Should Read. An article in USA Today, titled: "Coronavirus: From my view in Hong Kong, American reluctance to wear a mask is suicidal". https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-v...100007420.html

This is a perspective from a masked metropolis, a semi-autonomous region of China where people started wearing facial coverings back in January, not long after news spread of a mysterious outbreak in Wuhan, only about 570 miles away. With memories of SARS and other deadly viruses, Hongkongers didn’t wait for a government directive to start masking up.

Masks really do work

Masks work. Masks have helped Hong Kong suppress this plague. Hong Kong is essentially Asia’s version of New York City — a global hub that is similar in population, density, and reliance on mass transit. Yet while New York has buried tens of thousands of its residents, Hong Kong has recorded only seven COVID-19 deaths out of about 1,200 total cases. Masks are a key reason why.

And yet, America doesn’t get it. The inane, disheartening debate is heard in practically every vicinity of every state. Millions of Americans prudently mask up — and millions pigheadedly, selfishly refuse.

Masks are not the only reason for Hong Kong’s success; strong border controls, vigilant contact tracing, and targeted quarantine are vitally important. But masks are the one tool that is easily applied elsewhere.

Facial coverings helped limit both the contagion and economic damage in Hong Kong. Residents here have never received blanket stay-at-home orders; most shops and restaurants have remained open. In May, children returned to classrooms for the first time since January — providing that they wear masks, as do their teachers.

The city’s contribution to the pro-mask argument now includes a study from the University of Hong Kong laboratory, where researchers studied virus transmission in two groups of hamsters, some infected and some not. Researchers found that cages shrouded in mask material could reduce the rate of infection by 50 percentage points. To which, I suspect, many Hongkongers would react with the Cantonese version of “Duh.”

In Hong Kong, wearing a mask in a pandemic is as political as using an umbrella in the rain. As I grew accustomed to the practice, I found myself puzzling over by news reports from home. I noticed how questions were often framed in terms of the individual: Will a mask really protect me? What about my liberties?

To many Americans, the mask is a challenge to the ethos of rugged individualism: A jutting chin is macho; put a mask on it and you’re a wuss. Conversely, the act of wearing a mask may be dismissed as liberal “virtue signaling.”

Asia’s mentality, rooted in part in the communitarian Confucian traditions, is more about "we" than "me." Here our masks are tools that work together to help us stay healthy. Just seeing the mask is a reminder of the risk we share and might inspire another squirt of sanitizer.

Perversely, Trump’s disdain for the mask has made the pandemic a battleground of tribal politics. He long ago missed his chance to unite Americans against the virus. He could have enlisted his red-capped loyalists with the masses who have heeded the warnings of public health experts. Instead of insisting that the virus would magically disappear, or that concern was a “hoax” designed to damage him politically, the commander in chief could have ordered the mass production of masks as a wall against the "invisible enemy.” And he could have claimed that he’d make China pay for it.

But here we still are, with the president still shunning the mask, and Americans still jutting their chins — some covered, some not — and still arguing about masks as the carnage keeps mounting.

Below are some stats from a few Asian countries where mask are commonly worn:

Singapore 43,661 cases 26 deaths
Japan 18,390 cases 971 deaths
S. Korea 12,757 cases 282 deaths
Malaysia 8,637 cases 121 deaths
Thailand 3,169 cases 58 deaths

"Perversely, Trump’s disdain for the mask has made the pandemic a battleground of tribal politics. He long ago missed his chance to unite Americans against the virus. He could have enlisted his red-capped loyalists with the masses who have heeded the warnings of public health experts. Instead of insisting that the virus would magically disappear, or that concern was a “hoax” designed to damage him politically, the commander in chief could have ordered the mass production of masks as a wall against the "invisible enemy.” And he could have claimed that he’d make China pay for it."

I was hoping that with all the negative things associated with this virus, that the political jabbing would not take place. Just please wear your masks even if you are visiting the poles.

Back
Top Bottom