1st time out in 2 weeks... Barber HALF & more!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Well, I have been busy with "life" in general, and have not had a lot of motivation lately to go detecting. A couple of local detecting friends called and invited me to head up to Missoula this Saturday afternoon for a few hours detecting, and with nothing going on here, off I went!

We ended up in an older neighborhood, and I did get us permission at 4 yards today, as the curb strips where we were at had been hammered by others in the past. The first yard was a ca 1908 home, where my friend with the Nox 600 found a 1898 Barber Dime and a couple of Buffalo Nickels. I did get a few wheat pennies, a "no date" Buffalo nickel, and some lead bullets, and my other friend (AT Max) found more modern coins.

We headed north a block, and I got the OK at the second home, a ca 1920 house. My AT Max friend found the only silver there, a 1944 War Nickel, and some non precious jewelry. I was still stuck on older Canadian pennies and wheaties. Seeing the neighbor home a couple of doors down, I set down my AT Pro and headed over to see if permission could be obtained, and the really friendly man said to go ahead on two yards, that he owned the 1915 home where he was standing, and the 1890's home next door!

I let my two friends detect the 1890's home, while I chose the 1915 home. Glad I did, as in about the last 10 minutes of detecting, I got a smooth 90-91 on the AT Pro, and from under a root I pulled out a 1907-S Barber Half. About 6 feet away I got a 1943 Mercury Dime, and I did pull some wheats and another old King George Canadian cent out of the yard. The 1890 front yard turned out to not have much other than modern coins along with a few wheats.

A nice day here, temps around 80, low humidity, and sunshine! I was happy to get out and finally make some good finds, thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 426
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 375
Can we have a picture of the back ? Mqqqqq

Here is pic of back side, the coin had an old rim bump near the top, and I put a light rub at about 7.00 o'clock, as I had a hard time getting this target out from under a fair sized root.

Good play-by-play. Good pix layout.

Thank you Tom!

Wooohoooo! Nice job getting permission!

Thanks ToySoldier!

Wow! That is a beautiful coin.

Congrats!

Thank you Jim!

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 339
Awesome save LS, congrats on the big shiny. You always do well with doorknocks. If your not in sales maybe you missed your calling. Ha ha. Around here hard to find a place to hunt. The ground is super hard and dry. Good luck to you and your buds. Mark

Awesome save LS, congrats on the big shiny. You always do well with doorknocks. If your not in sales maybe you missed your calling. Ha ha. Around here hard to find a place to hunt. The ground is super hard and dry. Good luck to you and your buds. Mark

Thanks Mark! I do seem to get permissions, though probably not good enough to sell snow to the Eskimos!

Nice work and congrats on the great old half dollar! Nice to know there are still some old shiny biggies still out there.

Congrats on the big silver! That is one heck of a nice find.

Thank you JAK!

Nice slab o' shiny! Good to hear you got out again and did well. :yes:

Thanks Foragist! Glad to get out and get motivated again with the Big Shiny find!

Nice work and congrats on the great old half dollar! Nice to know there are still some old shiny biggies still out there.

Thanks Todd! Yeah, I have not done much beep-beeping in June, so it was encouraging to pull a couple of silvers and have my friends each get a silver too.

Nice hunting! Glad you were able to find time and motivation to get out. That barber half definitely makes it worth while! Congrats

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom