Problem With The NOX 600

Lee1968

Elite Member
I was out detecting today, and when I stood up after digging a target, the headphones were no longer working. It was like they were not plugged in at all, as the sound was coming from the speaker of the detector. Of course, I unplugged and plugged them back in several times, but no luck. The plug is going all the way in as normal, it isn't broken or bent, I have no idea. There is no indication on the detector that the headphones are plugged in. I didn't think I caught the cord on anything when I stood up, but maybe I did. The big question I have, is there a way to tell if it is the headphones or the detector???? If it is the headphones, I will go with the wireless, but if it is the detector, I will send it off for repair. Any thoughts?

Try another set of head phones or ear buds.

Sounds like it is the headphone jack that broke not the headphone plug or cord.

Try another set of head phones or ear buds.

Sounds like it is the headphone jack that broke not the headphone plug or cord.

I didn't think I had any headphones to try in it, then my wife got home, and handed me a set. Apparently, I "don't know where anything is." The other headphones work, so it is the jack. Now the decision is - do I buy a wireless set, or go back to the wired? I will have to do some reading I guess. Thanks!

Wireless. No brainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wireless. No brainer

^^^THIS^^^

Wireless is so much nicer than having to deal with cords. I've been using the Aukey B80 earbuds in the heat of the summer and they are so much easier on the ears in the heat. Amazon has them on sale right now for $35. AptX Low Latency and they easily pair with the NOX.

If you have the headphones plugged in and you're getting sound out of the detectors speaker then your jack on the detector is bad.

I didn't think I had any headphones to try in it, then my wife got home, and handed me a set. Apparently, I "don't know where anything is." The other headphones work, so it is the jack. Now the decision is - do I buy a wireless set, or go back to the wired? I will have to do some reading I guess. Thanks!

The other headphones work, so it is the jack.

Jack problem? I don't understand. One set works in the same jack?

Go to wireless regardless.

If you have the headphones plugged in and you're getting sound out of the detectors speaker then your jack on the detector is bad.

This is what I first thought too, until he said the other headphones work. So this means it was the old headphones that "went bad"...somewhere. Somehow, it's not completing the circuit when plugged into the detector's jack. (The detector's speaker will cut out when the circuit is completed...like with the new phones.) Possible debris on the plug or inside the jack causing this? Loose tip on the plug? Plastic housing defect on the plug? Other possible issues(likely) would be electrical/internal in the headphones or headphones cord.

Thanks for everyone's help! When I plugged in a pair of earbuds, they worked fine, so it is something to do with the original headphones. There is a pair of headphones online by Avantree that could be used either wired or wireless, and from what I read, they work with the NOX. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, as I could use the earbuds, and I am still shopping. They are around $70, compared to the NOX wireless that are $139.

Now with all of the reading I have been doing, I am questioning the Park 1 I have been primarily been using. Looks like Park 2 may be the way to go, but that could be another thread in itself! :?:

^^^THIS^^^

Wireless is so much nicer than having to deal with cords. I've been using the Aukey B80 earbuds in the heat of the summer and they are so much easier on the ears in the heat. Amazon has them on sale right now for $35. AptX Low Latency and they easily pair with the NOX.

Yep, what he said. Using the same Aukeys and is so much better in warm summer. Think mine were 37.00 last month. Amazon.

Wireless 100%

You'll question why wireless isn't SOP on everything after the first day. I did.

Hasent someone on here found the same EXACT headphones that comes with the Equinox Wireless package, online for around $30 minus the Minelab logo? I cant find the thread.

Hasent someone on here found the same EXACT headphones that comes with the Equinox Wireless package, online for around $30 minus the Minelab logo? I cant find the thread.

These are the ones I purchased here in the UK and yes they are exactly the same ones without the Minelab logo.

Two things to note.

Price in the link are in GBP(£'s)

I paid a lot less for them 2 years ago.

Link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cancelling-Headphones-Microphone-ZZSY-Lightweight-Gold/dp/B01N7ABGWL

Back
Top Bottom