Breaking Beach News !

It's OVER !
Well they just announced more closures. Huntington beach is soft , which means you can still WALK on the beach but no gatherings and no parking. That in turn means no massive crowds for the weekend. So there goes my no detector , backpack hunting strategy. Total bummer because bigger surf is expected this weekend.
I sure hope as a human race we all start acting somewhat responsibly about this covid. Many out here are flaunting the rules by thumbing their nose and giving the bird. So many are just plain in denial and don't care. Like they are immune. I'm bummed about the 4th , but this too shall pass. Stay safe everyone.

Update 7-03 . West Hollywood announced enforcement of fines for the "smarter than you crowds" who are blatantly defiant. 1st offense:$300. 2nd: $1000. 3rd: $2000. 4th: $5000. Since the defunding has started , what better way to bring in more $ ??? Love it !!!

Last edited:
If HB is soft so is the available restrooms. They’ll be down to one open restroom down toward Jack in the Box. Not a picture of good health with everyone using the same head.
Best to stay home. IMHO

Reports are coming in from guys getting 3,4 and 5 gold counts. Some incredible cuts and washouts to be had. This over the last 2 days. Pick and choose your spots as always. GL out there...

Thank you for your service first and foremost. With that said, the US is no longer the greatest country.. That ended in the 50's/early 60's. With Trillions upon trillions in deficit, China basically owning us, having our companies go to foreign soil to reap financial benefit, political figures in high office being slobs, hypocrites, and racists, having the common person being a complete moron who would rather watch a Kardashian episode than learn about current affairs, no one showing up to vote, the younger generation failing miserably at every turn including education, PE, socialization, current affairs, morals, work ethic and respect in general, this country is in a mess. Our health system is a JOKE, homelessness at an all time high, diabetes, opiate addiction, blah blah blah.
Ive traveled the world several times over and seen MANY different cultures. Yes there are some VERY bad ones, but there are some better. It just rubs me when people say AMERICA is #1.. Are we? Or are you just propagating and regurgitating what someone else gave you in the form of Kool Aid? We are a great country when it comes to freedom of speech, and the ability to succeed if you work hard ( interpreted as get over on others and twist the system) but morally, common sensibly, we are retarded as they come. Bring on the flaming. This is simply my opinion and it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong or ruffle feathers but our political system has become a circus. We are just simple metal detectors. Dorks and losers by the untrained eye... Mostly retired people who enjoy a hobby of introversion. We clean up other peoples messes on the routine, and in doing so we look for the gold.
True we don't get executed on the spot for going to a bath house with a stay at home order or get lynched for being gay or hung for littering or fingers cut off for shoplifting but we have big brother watching, IRS stealing everything we make, politicians in it for themselves. Teachers making 35k a yr and average ball players making millions. Teens making millions on Youtube while Nobel Prize winners make nothing.. Everything is messed up. Not just the US. France has a WAY better health system than us. As does Sweden, Canada and even Equador... Things aren't changing for the better my friend.

Whole lot of contradiction in this post. You also have the option of moving to a country that better meets your feel goods as well.

Well this has been an entertaining re-read.
I'll post updated US and global statistics later.
Kinda interesting you resurrected this thread. Brings up the good , bad and ugly from last year. The whole covid attitude people had. The protests and looters were off the charts. But from a hunting perspective I had one of my better gold counts in years. This year - I'm not even close , but there is still some time left. But in all sincerity , my thoughts are on people and what they are going through than actual hunting. Such as Surfy and his dog. And of course Scuba......

US Covid-19 infections (33.9 million).
US Covid-19 deaths (611+ thousand).

Globally
Infections 186+ million
Deaths 4.03 million deaths

THIS IS NOT THE FLU!
Covid doesn't discriminate what political party you belong to.
Covid doesn't care how old or young you are.
Covid doesn't care how much money/wealth you have.
Covid doesn't care what color, race you are.
All covid does is infect, reinfect and if given the chance...kill.
That's all it does.

We have a vaccine now.
The vaccine works in PREVENTING serious illness and hospitalization.
It's easily obtained in all 50 states.
In most cases it's free of charge.
It comes with a small risk.
Getting into your car each day comes with a small risk.

Get it (the vaccine) and lets be done with this!

Back
Top Bottom