Anyone Have a Tarsacci MDT 8000?

Thebigd81

Looking to get some reviews on people using this I'm thinking of adding it to my collection of machines but want to hear some thoughts on it first

How do you intend on using it? Beach or dirt. You can read a great review by Keith Southern on Tom Dankowski site as well a Hugh thread to read...and of course it has its own web sit just started. I personally like the machine for beach and water hunting. It has a black sand setting, tracking, 4 single freqs ... 18, 12, 9 and 6.5 the only single freq machine to easily hunt and be deep in the salt water. An example... we took the Nox and MDT along with a 3 gram white band. At the waters edge the Nox hit it at 12”.... MDT 14”.... moved chest deep... Nox wa 10” and still 14 for the MDT. It IDs iron really well to depth once learned. Tends to upscale trash ... a pull say at 6 will read 6... at 10 it can jump to above a quarter. Gold seems to not very to much. It has a simple TID with back light. 60 digits... 30 ferr and 30 non-ferr. A air testing penny is 13 and most gold fall below that... so honestly I don’t have to dig a lot of iron or high tones. 4 tones ... very distinct pings and pongs. 1 lith battery... $6 to replace. It comes with 2. I’ve had mine and put a lot of hours on it and they read the same as new. Light weight and really great design..... good locks 3 piece it all breaks down and can be put in the travel back pack. I have dug gold rings I’ve had to straddle the hole. I got 6 chains last year. It not only GB the sand but the salt water. This salt GB they are finding can really make a difference in dirt as well on real hot ground. Go to the site and there are some good videos. I run mine in AM.... HOT. Only 1 coil currently 11” but a 12” is in the works for more depth. It’s not a micro gold hunter but loves gold rings and have yet to find a gold piece with any of my water machine this one can’t. He’s not calling it waterproof... but in and out with the box under there doesn’t seem to be an issue. Head phones are good but I’d highly recommend Tony’s if you salt water hunt. It has AM, disc, and mixed mode. 9khz seems to be the better freq in the water. I’ve got no dog in the fight ... I’m just a user and post some of my finds on my FB and their site. Odd not many post finds on this machine... but I assure you they are doing well. In the water most things/machines become equal. For my area I’d say this one out performs them.

What dewcon said. I don't have as much time on my machine as he does, but it is plenty deep and I've air tested it against a number of other well known machines (I know air testing is not reliable), but it is inches deeper than the others. Where it really shines is on the beach, especially wet sand.

Sorry for the disorganized rambling .... it was a quick write as things came to mind. I think this machine will surprise you.... it does much better than even its air test on the wet sand or in the water. It does difficult ground well and in the wet sand where black sand can accumulate. This is a fairly new site Aaron started to get more info out there about the machine and has a couple of good posts from the Designer. https://forums.tarsaccisales.com/

I liked it well enough to sell 2 Xcals and a CTX. I still have an Xcal and Nox.... but i dont think ive used either more than a couple of time in the past 17 months. Its just hard to put down for water hunting. Its not perfect ... and out of the water some would prefer the Nox because of its many mode options. If its dirt info you need......Keith can fill you in, since im not a dirt hunter. As Keith said recently its so well made it feels like a custom made unit not a production.

The carbon fiber finish seals the deal...it looks awesome!

Tarsacci handle.jpg

Thanks for the replies... I have a CTX as my main and don't do any beach hunting (still to old houses, foundations, river ect) remember seeing some videos for it late last year/early this year then nothing... Wondering it is worth getting to replace my safari as the back up to my CTX... There is a train depot that has very hot soil I'd love to try and hit with the Tarsacci

Back
Top Bottom