Midas Touch 2nd Hunt in a Row! And Valuable Lesson for Me…

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Went for some more water detecting this morning. I would've done some dry sand but the weather has been unpredictable (well predictable rain for our summers) and I didn't want to have to worry about being out in a shower with the Deleon. I hunted for 5 hours almost all in the water. In the 4th hour is when the little yellow fellow showed up in the scoop! :dingding: I also learned something new and very important with my Fisher today. I found that ring hunting in “Auto Tune” mode which is basically a sensitive all metal pinpoint throughout entire coil and then I flicked the knob over one setting to “0” to see what tone it was. I have been detecting this way recently in the water for a while now. A little later, I tried an experiment with the ring while in the water. I took it out and placed it under the sand again and set the detector on “3” which I use a lot in trashy areas very close to the shore and the wet sand. Guess what? The detector did not pick it up at 3! :shock: At 2 it did pick it up. God knows how much gold I’ve probably missed out on because of this over the years.:( I was also happy to have had a very nice amount of clad for a water hunt at $6.41 and I picked up over 100 pennies for my Penny Fan Club member! ;) The eyeball find sunglasses are inexpensive but in excellent shape, as the Dolfino goggles. Too bad the watch is shot. I'll rest up tomorrow and go out again on Wednesday.

Attachments

• 7-21-14 Ring.jpg
    7-21-14 Ring.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 339
  • 7-21-14.jpg
    7-21-14.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 7-21-14 Eyeball.jpg
    7-21-14 Eyeball.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Nice!..I feel bad for ya knowing you might have missed some targets but now you know, You can go out and bring home more.
Good luck out there.

Well done! Run mine on auto and switch to zero or one. I get paranoid if a ball of aluminum doesn't set off a detector. You just made me more paranoid:laughing:

Very nice gold!! Love the sparkle.

I NEVER have my discrimination over 1. It is on 1 or 0 no matter what. Since I hip mount it I don't change the settings at all.

Hope you didn't miss too much. I don't like iron unless it's a bell tone but I will dig everything else.

Congrats

I NEVER have my discrimination over 1. It is on 1 or 0 no matter what. Since I hip mount it I don't change the settings at all.
I'm chest mounted with a home made harness so it's quick to change anything. I think my beaches have way too much trash to hunt with your settings but I might try them next time out. Thanks!

I'm chest mounted with a home made harness so it's quick to change anything. I think my beaches have way too much trash to hunt with your settings but I might try them next time out. Thanks!

Felix,

ALL iron is discriminated out at 1 EXCEPT bell tones. LOL I love them!

Sure I get tons of bullets, bottle tops, and other undesirables BUT my good finds speak for themselves. Enjoy the trash but enjoy the treasure more.

very nice ring,,,,,I wish all the other hunters around me would turn that disc up a little,,,,:lol:I hear you,,,,I remember Dew talking to a guy one day who only found pennies for a long time,,,,,his disc was set to the max,,,,,,Ouch,,,guy would have done better to raid a wishing well,,,,,,,,,GL HH

What can i say Tim.... some people just never read their manual.:laughing:

You didnt just call that LITTLE did you? Thats a mighty fine looking ticket you got there.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom