Ring Ring, Ring Ring.... Straight from the bank.

solcalpete

Someone else posted a thread similar to this a few weeks back.
So there i was doing my thing on the beach and not much was happening.
I decided i was gonna get my feet wet and cross the water an up onto the sand bar that formed Saturday.
Immediately i got a hit and out pops ring #1. 14k Gold wedding band.
Not 3 grid lines later and there's #2 14k white gold wedding band.
5 minutes later and not less than 20 feet from the last out comes #3 a small silver ring.
Tide was coming in so i U-turned and headed back where i came from before i got stranded and Bam! There's #4 another 14k wedding band.
What was all this lot doing up on a sand bar?
I normally avoid walking onto these things as it's just not the place to be.. OR IS IT!!!
Time to rethink my strategy i reckon.
I won't be avoiding these in the future. Zero coinage and zero trash, just gold,silver and a pretty soggy Iphone 5.
Anyhow. 21 grams of 14k has made my day. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 327
Nice finds. The beach is odd how it sometimes deposits heavy items like that. If you find clusters like that grid every inch. I have found small eruptions of coins at a local beach. Nothing then in a small area every scoop multiple coins. Just was were the waves acted like a sluice and piled them in one spot. Also way to go on the iphone. That is an easy $100+ at any of those sites that buy old broken phones. I like finding those sometimes more than 2-3 gram gold rings as iphones are pure cash. I try (and so far succeeded) to return working ones but the water toasted ones just send in for money

The iphone has had it.
It even has barnacles.
Obviously been somewhere for a while and got pushed back in.
It absolutely stinks of the stinkiest stink you ever stunked :D

The iphone has had it.
It even has barnacles.

If the glass isn't cracked then it doesn't matter if it smells like burnt hair wrapped in a dirty baby diaper.

The iphone has had it.
It even has barnacles.

I agree with cali girl. Send it in anyways. They send you a box and pay for shipping. The one I sent in had stuff growing on it and was under 15" of wet sand that was way under the high water mark. You may be surprised.

Congrats on the triple gold Pete! :wow2::waytogo:

Before you send the Iphone out, check the IMEI number on the back of the phone. If the phone has been reported lost and if "Find my phone" has been activated, it is most likely locked (bricked) and you wont be able to sell it to company's that buy Iphones online. Your next option would be Craigslist but dealing with people on Craigslist can be hassle, weeding out scammers and such..

http://iphoneimei.info/

I am laughing. You chose the sandbar. The SILVER ring you found has the initials CTR on it. If you didn't know, that is a Mormon saying, Choose the Right. Looks like you chose the right sandbar!!

SWEET gold!!

That is fantastic by all means,,,,right place, right time helped you in a big way,,,,I hear you about those sand bars or flat fluffy areas can sometimes produce if you hit it right,,,,friend, you hit it right,,,:cool:congrats,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom