new headphones

melbajoe

Forum Supporter
I need a new set of headphones and it seems like it comes down to personal choice vs quality or specs since they all seem pretty close with the exception of things I don't care about or want to pay for-like noise limiter. Grey ghost orig or jolly rogers orig? thanks for any input These will be for a sov gt

Its up to you really... for me it was quality of tones and comfort and the JR's are more comfortable than the GG's were and the tones are richer sounding on the JR's as well.

Flip a coin if you want.... but some are obviously different and better matched to machines. Some dealers ive ask dont know what the specs are and post the same. A good example are the Black Widows.... may have the same specs, but are louder. I prefer the Pro Golds for their clear crisp tones.

Dew

Best to pick a pair and stick with them. You'll get used to the tones. Sov gt it is best to crank the volume IMO. A limiter will help your hearing later in life. I used a set without a limiter on the MXT and almost went deaf:shock: I have several sets of headphones. Switch them on the sov gt often and you can hardly figure out which tone is a nickel. Stick with one set (Pro golds) and no problemo!;) I know if you run pro golds on the CTX and then switch to yellow Koss waterproof yellows, It makes you realize even more how bad the koss yellows stink!!!!!!!

Here is MaxVA's video on headphones. I have OBNs "Skullies", but would choose Gray Ghost Ultimate if choosing any others.

Raider Regards,

R5

Best to pick a pair and stick with them. You'll get used to the tones. Sov gt it is best to crank the volume IMO. A limiter will help your hearing later in life. I used a set without a limiter on the MXT and almost went deaf:shock: I have several sets of headphones. Switch them on the sov gt often and you can hardly figure out which tone is a nickel. Stick with one set (Pro golds) and no problemo!;) I know if you run pro golds on the CTX and then switch to yellow Koss waterproof yellows, It makes you realize even more how bad the koss yellows stink!!!!!!!

I agree to stick with one set. I have run my Pro Golds for several years and wouldn't go with any other.

I have not had the experience with a SOV and the HP used with them but on my excals I just started with the GGAmp and they are dynamite HP that are very comfortable and crystal clear,,,they have a nice long cable that is light and not bulky,,,,but the tones are pretty compressed and I am digging more bottle caps,,,,seems like deep pull tabs sound more like deep bottle caps also,,,,tells me that you have to pay more attention to the deep targets or you may miss them,,,,,won't help you for your GT but my stock blue HP for my blue excal are the best I have used yet,,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom