New set up

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Well ive got the machine i bought earlier in the year that had the coil blow out all ready to go. I like the headphone connector....now i can use any of the three pair i have on it (GGA, Skullies, or blue). Take a look at Joes new skullies.... sweet and very comfortable. Great sound to these babies too. With some phones its more difficult to tell the compressed tones at the lower end.... but the skullies really seem to define them a little better. Since ive been using the Blue Xcals ive also noticed my nickel count has increased or maybe im just getting better at this game. That PP switch is just sweet since i prefer to hunt in PP mode... really cuts back on target ID time. I have a new Sov coil on and she seems pretty hot... but the machine its self runs nice and smooth.

Second time out with it today.... i got a 7.6 gr 14K white gold band. I hope thats just the start of a good summer.

Dew

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 360
Dew,

Nice set up. I had the msa's for my deus.

I have the pinpoint mod on mine. Will be trying it shortly:)

How do you hunt with it? Find a target then switch to disc? If it nulls do you pass on by?

Thanks and hh!

nice heavy ticket buddy,,,,I think it is both, your set up and getting better at the game,,,,,I got a big ole skunk today,,,,love that HP connector,,,,can't wait to see it up close and listen to the Skullies,,,,I hear you on the compressed tones,,,The GGAmp that I just put on my new blue are dynamite but I had a couple nickels and quarters that at the depth I dug them, did not have the same solid sound they should have,,,,still learning the tones, BUT, that had no bearing on my skunk today, cause if it beeped, I dug it,,,,,:laughing:GL HH

That is a sweet setup. I am testing a new PP switch in hopes it works out. It is a flush mount PP switch. If I have issues with it I am going to mount a piezo button like the ones on the CZ21. They are sealed so there is not sand or leakage issues. I have a supplier who is going to give me a deal if this current switch does not work out. The button I am using is working fantastic so far. It is a momentary button so I just set the machine in PP mode and press the button to go disc and release to go back. Very fast and no toggle to snap off by accident. I use my thumb and it fits in my handle perfectly. Time will tell with more testing. Hope your new setup works out. You never know about these things until you test them. Good luck!

It looks like you have an awesome set-up Dew, glad everything worked out for you. :goodjob:

With the nickel count up you're going to be calling the gold more often than not, even before you dig. "Good Luck".

Congrads to you buddy!! And the machine looks good too! Keepme informed on the skullies II you are the tester.....of the new speakers

I have to admit Joe at fist i didnt think they adjusted....but finally figured it out. These things are a tight fit.... are you still using the ProGold speaker? They sure sound good. I have to say before i was relearning the tones.... and they sounded more compressed on the lower end ... foil didnt sound as good as on the yellows. But these really bring back the separated tones better. I see you took off the volume on them.... just not needed, something else to rot away and cause problems.

So Greg... you putting that button on top of the handle? That will be interesting since the CZ button seems to have been tested and proven. GL on it.

You put the switch to PP... then you can control rather you hunt in PP or disc with a flip of the switch after that 73cj5. Yes.... i hunt in PP then its a quick switch over to disc. I might have missed that gold... it gave a deep bottle cap sound. The ability to turn up the sensitivity just beyond auto is a big plus over disc where it really chatters at about 7 on an Xcal II.

Dew

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 252
Those muffs look nice an comfy to me. Machine looks great an scoring gold is cool. Thanks for sharing. -Joe

Nice new heater! That 7.6k white just paid for your new Skullies and a case of beer! :thumbsup:

R5

Jeep is PAID IN FULL. So i have the makings of a country song.... beer, country music and a nice back road. Ill let you know how its going Joe out there with the Skullies....

Dew

So Greg... you putting that button on top of the handle? That will be interesting since the CZ button seems to have been tested and proven. GL on it.
The button is flush as you can see in the photo. Installed with marine silicone encapsulating the switch. It can be removed by prying it out for replacement. The Excal works normally in Disc or PP depending on the normal pod switch. When you want to use the button you put the pod in PP. You hunt in PP and when you get a target you push and hold the button. When you release it you go back to PP mode. The piezo is going to be better. Those push button switches can get mud and very fine sand in them (we will see) so that is my worry. With the piezo you eliminate that but they are pricey. If this switch fails the seller is going to refund me towards a piezo. Normally they run about $45 for the 3/4" size that fits my handle. I do not think that switch will work with gloves though. A CZ21 guy can chime in here. Can you use gloves with CZ piezo switch?I am going to continue to test this switch and see if I can kill it. Here is the link for the switch. http://www.ebay.com/itm/19mm-Waterp...ch-/321202765417?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 208
I would like to note one more nice thing about Joes CTX end caps.... worse case you can get the CTX yellow headphones and put them on yourself saving the trip and money it costs you if ML does it.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom