Sand moving out....

rob.ream258

Elite Member
Finally the sand is moving out and opening up the depths.

Had to upgrade the SCCM for work on Friday morning so I got up early and had the system happy by 10am. Since all the changes had to replicate to 140 sites I had about 5 fives to burn waiting. I grabbed the CZ21 and the T-Rex and headed for the beach. To my surprise the Gulf of Mexico was the calmest I've seen in a long time and the sun was bright. Being November I was expecting it would be too cold but it was quite tolerable with little wind.

I jumped heading East and wasn't hitting much at all.....not even pull tabs or garbage. I was completely shocked since I was running wide open to hear everything. Then I started noticing..... sand is gone and took all the junk with it. Sweet news since that should mean the good stuff is findable if no one beat me to it. Went a mile or so East and turned around headed back....heading in the other direction working slow..... BAM. Hit the ring... silver with 2 gold bands........ not much else a few pull tabs... some junk..... 13 cents in change....

GL and HH

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 582
Finally the sand is moving out and opening up the depths.

Had to upgrade the SCCM for work on Friday morning so I got up early and had the system happy by 10am. Since all the changes had to replicate to 140 sites I had about 5 fives to burn waiting. I grabbed the CZ21 and the T-Rex and headed for the beach. To my surprise the Gulf of Mexico was the calmest I've seen in a long time and the sun was bright. Being November I was expecting it would be too cold but it was quite tolerable with little wind.

I jumped heading East and wasn't hitting much at all.....not even pull tabs or garbage. I was completely shocked since I was running wide open to hear everything. Then I started noticing..... sand is gone and took all the junk with it. Sweet news since that should mean the good stuff is findable if no one beat me to it. Went a mile or so East and turned around headed back....heading in the other direction working slow..... BAM. Hit the ring... silver with 2 gold bands........ not much else a few pull tabs... some junk..... 13 cents in change....

GL and HH

I'm always amazed when I think back and go, "I hit that 1/2-inch item, in ALL THAT."

Way to go, man. Sometimes you've just got to get out there and make your own luck!

:dingding: Good to see things are getting better in other parts of Florida.

Back
Top Bottom