Sterling #25 - interesting one

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Hit my Sunday afternoon honey hole. Finds are getting further between so I consider a wheat a success. About 15 minutes in I got a deep wheat! Hunt a success.

Keep at it for another hour and a half. Only pull two newer Jefferson’s, a gold plated button and another wheat before I got an iffy tone just below a wheat sound. Dig plug and get sterling ring!

#25 FTY turns out to be fairly unique. Has a Hallmark that is an Indianhead Chief with full headdress.

Made by H. Wexel & Co. Only in business 1896-1904. Very cool. I have found several turn of century coins at this spot. This was the 6th Sterling Ring there.

e5592dabf1e63723cf8fea29b971dc7a.jpg

ce82745589885706cfe785b66aaface7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit my Sunday afternoon honey hole. Finds are getting further between so I consider a wheat a success. About 15 minutes in I got a deep wheat! Hunt a success.

Keep at it for another hour and a half. Only pull two newer Jefferson’s, a gold plated button and another wheat before I got an iffy tone just below a wheat sound. Dig plug and get sterling ring!

#25 FTY turns out to be fairly unique. Has a Hallmark that is an Indianhead Chief with full headdress.

Made by H. Wexel & Co. Only in business 1896-1904. Very cool. I have found several turn of century coins at this spot. This was the 6th Sterling Ring there.

OK, that's REALLY cool.

Any idea what kind of stone that is? Remember, that just because it's big, doesn't mean it's not diamond. They're not rare, and they weren't always cut well back then. can't tell much from the photos, if it's been cleaned up or not.

Cheers,

Skippy

Awesome find. My son found one really similar. His is marked "Uncas Sterling" Not sure if it is as old as yours.

Attachments

• 20171111_171925_resized_1.jpg
    20171111_171925_resized_1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 438
  • 20171111_171908_resized_1.jpg
    20171111_171908_resized_1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 459
Really good hunt, congrats!

Thanks cd.

OK, that's REALLY cool.

Any idea what kind of stone that is? Remember, that just because it's big, doesn't mean it's not diamond. They're not rare, and they weren't always cut well back then. can't tell much from the photos, if it's been cleaned up or not.

Cheers,

Skippy

Looks to be glass, unfortunately, lol.

Awesome find. My son found one really similar. His is marked "Uncas Sterling" Not sure if it is as old as yours.

Thanks Stiff. Looks very similar.

Congrats on a great hunt.
I may be heading to Knoxville this week.. Hopefully I can get my brother to do a little dirt fishing if I'm able..

Congrats on a great hunt.
I may be heading to Knoxville this week.. Hopefully I can get my brother to do a little dirt fishing if I'm able..

Thanks. pan4au. Send me a PM if ya want to meet up for some digging. I'm off Thursday if you're in town.

Nice relic silver ring! Im sure theres more to find in that honey hole.

Back
Top Bottom