• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ordered a Pro-find 35

ZR2guy

Elite Member
I have a Pro-find 35 coming by the end of the week. I looked at written reviews as well as youtube video reviews. My only concern is the issue of the battery compartment cap being hard to remove. I saw that this had been brought up on more than one occasion. Have any of you had this problem? Rather than worry about it, I have been thinking of a possible solution. I am thinking about applying just a little dielectric grease to the threads on either the cap or the pinpointer. Opinions? Suggestions?:?:

Be careful not to over tighten it with grease on it. Let us know how far it will detect and how you like it.

Over-tightening the cap might just be why there have been complaints about the cap being hard to remove. I have a Makro PP currently and it has a similar design; never had any problems with removing the cap nor any water getting in it the way I tighten it. I will post my opinion on the Pro-find 35 after a few hunts.
What really sold me on the Pro-find was the ability of the PP to differentiate ferrous and non-ferrous targets. Since the Equinox is really good at the iron trash/good target separation game, I figured I might as well get a PP that does that as well.:yes:

Im currently on my fourth profind 35. The first one died of water intrusion. Its replacement suffered the same fate. #3 stopped vibrating. Its replacement arrived yesterday, and its defective too. It wont beep consistently, the speaker cuts in and out and is scratchy. Its like theres zero quality control on these things. I will keep #4 as my creek/river hunting pinpointer since the speaker is of no use underwater anyways.

:shock::wow:Well that doesn't sound promising for me. Sorry to hear that you have had so many problems. I guess the only bright side to that is Minelab's warranty. It's still aggravating to have to send one back so many times.

The PF35 is the only one I've ever used and it works fine for me

Well, I have a funny story to tell. I received the pinpointer today; opened the box and everything was accounted for. The Pro-find 35 looked awesome, felt even better than it looked in my hand. Big smile:D...... but then tragedy struck..... I installed the complimentary 9v battery and preceded to turn on the pinpointer....... nothing...... just a faint static noise, a very faint static noise was all I could hear.:shock: My first thought was, are you kidding me? Then it came to me in my almost "David Banner becoming the Hulk moment" to simply try a different 9v battery I already had laying around for my Makro PP:roll: Victory was mine, it came on and tested perfectly. Good thing I had that tiny moment of clarity and switched batteries; I really hate ruining good clothes...... when I get angry.:lol:
Now, if the weather cooperates this weekend, I will be able to get out and put this PP through its paces.

I had a profind a few months back, I prefer the garrett carrot. I thought minelab quality was top notch. They definitely need a new pinpointer in the market. They are good, but there's better one's on the market for sure. Good luck with yours, and keep us posted!

Well, I have a funny story to tell. I received the pinpointer today; opened the box and everything was accounted for. The Pro-find 35 looked awesome, felt even better than it looked in my hand. Big smile:D...... but then tragedy struck..... I installed the complimentary 9v battery and preceded to turn on the pinpointer....... nothing...... just a faint static noise, a very faint static noise was all I could hear.:shock: My first thought was, are you kidding me? Then it came to me in my almost "David Banner becoming the Hulk moment" to simply try a different 9v battery I already had laying around for my Makro PP:roll: Victory was mine, it came on and tested perfectly. Good thing I had that tiny moment of clarity and switched batteries; I really hate ruining good clothes...... when I get angry.:lol:
Now, if the weather cooperates this weekend, I will be able to get out and put this PP through its paces.

Glad its working well. I had the same epiphany when my new replacement pf35 was mute using the complimentary battery. I swapped it for a new Duracell. It came to life and all was working properly. Cycled it on and off a few times and it continued working as it should. Shut it off and went about my business for a while. I came back to it and turned it on...no sound at all. Factory reset multiple times and still nothing. Go figure.

I’ve been using a White’s TRX and really like it. I bought a profind 35 and used it for several hunts but so far I prefer the TRX.
The iron audio feature doesn’t work as well as I hoped it would and although you can adjust the sensitivity on the profind I like the way the TRX can ratchet down next to the target better.

Back
Top Bottom