• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Back To The One A Hunts

Well, whatever you do, don't start hunting for gold! Your silver count will really suffer, and all you'll have to show for it is a huge number of pennies and pulltabs….oh wait, this is Trapper I'm talking about...so yeah, you'll probably have a few dozen gold pieces too.
Some very kind words Blaise, thank you. Just to let you know in my 11 years in this hobby I have yet to reach a dozen items of Gold. guess when you are committed to digging Silver it is not real advantages to digging Gold. Trapper
Trapper, pulling silver at your rate you on track still for the 3 figure haul at the end of the year...fantastic work Sir!!
Thank you Paul for your reply. It has not been a bad year, just doing a little whining. I have not been able to do the numbers of last year and really do not expect too. It is true I should easily hit three digits but I guess my expectations were it be a little easier. Trapper

WTG Trapper. Anytime I can find a silver coin, I consider it a successful day of hunting.

Yeah Trapper, hit it again here in town for a few hours yesterday, not really great permissions but still worth a try. Got a 1919 Merc Dime and a few wheats. The Shiny is being difficult this year, I might be up to about 40 or so now. I think I should downgrade my goal and hope to get to 100 this year!

Great recoveries, Trapper! Congrats! :cool3:
Thank you Garrett. I have a great love in gigging Silver. Trapper
WTG Trapper. Anytime I can find a silver coin, I consider it a successful day of hunting.
Appreciate your reply Jerry. I'm with you, even if its only one, it is a very successful hunt. Just like when multiples come forward. Trapper

Beautiful silvers, Trapper! Congrats!

1 silver a day? Id be happy if I found one every two weeks! Thats some good hunting grounds you have there.

Gorgeous silver coins great digs! Only interesting coins I've come across lately is a 41 wheat and Canadian penny in my Kwik Trip change last few days.

Yeah Trapper, hit it again here in town for a few hours yesterday, not really great permissions but still worth a try. Got a 1919 Merc Dime and a few wheats. The Shiny is being difficult this year, I might be up to about 40 or so now. I think I should downgrade my goal and hope to get to 100 this year!
I agree this year things have been on the tough side . I'm still digging Silver but not at the pace I wanted. I will keep the goal I set at the beginning of the year for now but may reevaluate in another six weeks after seeing what I do on permissions. Trapper
Beautiful silvers, Trapper! Congrats!

1 silver a day? Id be happy if I found one every two weeks! Thats some good hunting grounds you have there.
Appreciate your reply Rusty. Your right I should be thankful for my blessings and stop whining. The one park I have been hunting I'm still learning but it does have potential as I have dug a Silver on every hunt (4). Just have not found a consistent area of age. Trapper

Gorgeous silver coins great digs! Only interesting coins I've come across lately is a 41 wheat and Canadian penny in my Kwik Trip change last few days.
Thank you Beaker for your reply, it is appreciated. I have a obsession with digging Silver Coins. I just enjoy that feeling of seeing a shiny rim in the dirt. Trapper
Congrats on the silvers! One a trip is nothing to sneeze at!
Thank you Rusty. Your statement is very true, just I sometimes get a little greedy. Guess I need a attitude adjustment. Trapper

Very cool! Congrats on all those silver's! With ratios like that I might have to come steal some of your spots haha. I have a couple curb strips I want to hit and hopefully pull some more silver's out for the year. Maybe one day Ill have a 53 silver year too LOL!

Congrats on the silver Trapper!!!
Thank you Travis. I love the shine. Trapper
Very cool! Congrats on all those silver's! With ratios like that I might have to come steal some of your spots haha. I have a couple curb strips I want to hit and hopefully pull some more silver's out for the year. Maybe one day Ill have a 53 silver year too LOL!
Appreciate your reply Chris. You would be most welcome to come hunt my sites but I would hardly think a couple Silvers would cover your expenses. Trapper

That’s still nice to nab a silver a hunt, plus some gold clad too. How long is a hunt on average? Congrats on the silvers Trapper!

That’s still nice to nab a silver a hunt, plus some gold clad too. How long is a hunt on average? Congrats on the silvers Trapper!
Appreciate your comments Jeff, thank you. Had in just under 20 hrs on these four hunts. Most of my outings are about 4 hours or more. Generally when with one of the guys we try to get in at least 5 hours because of the travel for us. Trapper
Nice finds!
Thank you Vic as your reply is appreciate. Trapper

Man love reading you stuff, keeps me going. I haven't been out in almost three weeks due to work, hoping to get out soon. Congrats on the silver.

Back
Top Bottom