Pre-Civil War Eagle Buckle & 1830's Padlock

RecoveringRelic

Hey everyone. On June 20, I went metal detecting in my front yard and I found a Pre-Civil War Eagle Buckle. It was about 5 inches down, and it registered as a Nickel/Pull-tab/Zinc Penny on the Whites CoinMaster. It's not an unusual find for my yard; I have found several relics dating to the early to mid 1800's. My neighbor's house was built in 1695, and my house was only built in 1963. About two weeks before I found the eagle buckle, I went metal detecting at my neighbor's house. I found what I think is an old hammered lead button. I also found an old Padlock, marked "WR", WR stands for William Rex - King William IV. The lock was made in England between 1830-1837. I also found a few more buttons and another buckle. It was a productive month for me, and I found some nice stuff. Thanks for looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLSebL1ExrA

great finds man, are you in massachusetts? i feel like your street seems familiar. I live on the South shore if you're around I've been looking for more people to hunt with if you want to join me over here

Back
Top Bottom