• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ghetto Gives Clad & GOLD !!

arw40

Forum Supporter
As I`ve stated in previous posts I take chances and duck in and out of the ghetto sections of various neighboring cities. I took a look on google maps and found two smaller parks in deep ghetto that I didnt know were there. I loaded up and did a drive by first to scope the area and characters hanging around. Most times I will wait til a rainy day when I know nobody will be roaming but my schedule this week didnt allow that to happen. As my luck would have it there was nobody at either place. I still wanted to move quickly before I drew attention. Both of these places were tot lot parks with mostly wood chips so it was extremely easy pickens.

I`ll cut right to the chase. Between both places I collected $22.36 in clad and also a nice 10K bracelet. The bracelet is only 3 grams but hey its more yellow to add to the scrap pile in my safe. It was unreal the amount of targets in these wood chips and also obvious that nobody ever wanted to venture in there before to give it a whirl. There was so much clad that you couldnt really get any one single id because there would be different coins located right next to each other. I have made out like a bandit every hunt that I have dared to head into these areas of a city. I am extra careful, head on a swivel and alert to the surroundings at all times. As one can imagine I also find lots of spent bullet casings in these parks too.

I`m creeping toward $300 in clad for the season thus far and have 3 gold targets this season to scrap so im getting ever more closer to paying off the new Nox 600 in one seasons finds. Whether I do or not this hobby is so much fun and I hope everyone else here enjoys just as much..Continued success to everyone out there....HH ! :grin:

Attachments

• DSCN0594.jpg
    DSCN0594.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 598
  • DSCN0598.jpg
    DSCN0598.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 561
  • DSCN0597.jpg
    DSCN0597.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 568
  • DSCN0595.jpg
    DSCN0595.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 575
Sounds like a scary place to metal detect. Sure glad there's nothing like that around here.

A real pirate ain’t afraid to risk everything for treasure!! Congrats on being that pirate and gettin the gold!!

Love It! Great research before hand, then whipping in and out of there unnoticed! Very Nice Haul too!

Boy though, I'm sorta avoiding those places around here until about mid November when its spitting sleet and blowing really cold wind to keep the 'bugs' off...

Seems risky. If I tried going into the ghetto here I might not come back out. People will mess with you for metal detecting and want to start trouble.

Iv'e always thought of this because there is some good untapped places because a lot of sane people would avoid those places. While the potential for finds is greater so is the risk.

Seems risky. If I tried going into the ghetto here I might not come back out. People will mess with you for metal detecting and want to start trouble.

Iv'e always thought of this because there is some good untapped places because a lot of sane people would avoid those places. While the potential for finds is greater so is the risk.

Well yeah, thats the BEAUTY of it! :laughing: Just like the 49ers of old, the guys that climbed the Chillkoot pass in the Winter, Desoto, Cortez, Bernie Madoff, Mel Fisher! Biggie! Tupac!

Thats what LIVING on the edge is all about! No reward without Risk! Hell, its a life threatening risk to sit safely in the house all day long eating cheetos, or drive in traffic!..or anything..

This is a Big Planet, coils are small, time is short, so a guy has to take a few dangerous chances to hope to amount to anything!...:laughing:.

All you do is figure it out and roll in unseen if possible..thats part of the allure and excitement of the Hunt! Finding a penny in the Ghetto is like finding a Merc dime's worth of excitement value actually...Its a hell of a trophy...

Well yeah, thats the BEAUTY of it! :laughing: Just like the 49ers of old, the guys that climbed the Chillkoot pass in the Winter, Desoto, Cortez, Bernie Madoff, Mel Fisher! Biggie! Tupac!

Thats what LIVING on the edge is all about! No reward without Risk! Hell, its a life threatening risk to sit safely in the house all day long eating cheetos, or drive in traffic!..or anything..

This is a Big Planet, coils are small, time is short, so a guy has to take a few dangerous chances to hope to amount to anything!...:laughing:.

All you do is figure it out and roll in unseen if possible..thats part of the allure and excitement of the Hunt! Finding a penny in the Ghetto is like finding a Merc dime's worth of excitement value actually...Its a hell of a trophy...

You said it all there to a "T" John. Thats the way I live on the edge. As you stated its the risk and allure to what may be there that makes it exciting to hit these places. I do my homework and obviously am not going to stop should there be any kind of questionable s hanging around. Get in and get the hell out... HH to you !

Some super digging Andy. Your clad totals have already past mine and I'm sure they won't stop anytime soon. Adding the Gold will get the "Nox" paid off very fast. Congrats on the clad and the Bracelet. Trapper

Used to do that in Boston, MA. Would hit the sketchy parks just after dawn, when all the trouble was still sleeping!

Nice haul ! You escaped unscathed and richer . I leave the Ghetto's to the Ghettoites My last two forays into the jaws of Hell were pretty scary and I was lucky to get out of there . No more living on the edge and extreme chance taking for this old fart ! Now the Ghettoites are coming out of their Hoods and doing their thing in the surrounding neighborhoods .
Incidentally these last two events happened in the old neighborhood I grew up in .

Some super digging Andy. Your clad totals have already past mine and I'm sure they won't stop anytime soon. Adding the Gold will get the "Nox" paid off very fast. Congrats on the clad and the Bracelet. Trapper

Thanks Trapper....Im hoping to grab at least another $100 in clad before years end and hopefully another gold or 2. Kids baseball has started back up which will eat up detecting time. That being said you cant replace the smiles or memories the kids give at these games.

Nice haul ! You escaped unscathed and richer . I leave the Ghetto's to the Ghettoites My last two forays into the jaws of Hell were pretty scary and I was lucky to get out of there . No more living on the edge and extreme chance taking for this old fart ! Now the Ghettoites are coming out of their Hoods and doing their thing in the surrounding neighborhoods .
Incidentally these last two events happened in the old neighborhood I grew up in .

All kidding aside I am very careful when venturing into the lions den. It is a risk but I do my homework. These places are always loaded. Jewelry all over around basketball courts in these areas. I always proceed with caution. HH out there !

Great finds with the gold!

Did the ghetto places happen to be parts of Troy and Albany?

I almost applied for a job in Watersmeet last week, but the bad areas were one of the things that made me not go through with it.

Its too bad, I traced my ancestors on my mom's side back to Tory in the early 1800's and was excited to apply at first.

Be careful out there!

Back
Top Bottom