Scoop Identification Help

gvsu141

I just picked up this used underwater scoop, and am trying to identify the make/model, but am having trouble finding anything like it online. Does anybody know who makes this? Or could it be homemade? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but seems very well made. See the picture below.

Attachments

• 9-7-2018 12-58-39 PM.jpg
    9-7-2018 12-58-39 PM.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 357
I don't know the name of yours but the only time I've seen huge scoops with curved handles like that was at KellyCo

I don't know the name of yours but the only time I've seen huge scoops with curved handles like that was at KellyCo

I think it is the KC beach brute scoop and from guys I know who used them they loved them...

hope you dont hunt in rocky areas, but should work fine in sandy beaches never seen 1 of those b4 good luck with it :D

I just picked up this used underwater scoop, and am trying to identify the make/model, but am having trouble finding anything like it online. Does anybody know who makes this? Or could it be homemade? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but seems very well made. See the picture below.

Wow, I've talked to a lot of manufacturers but only one I seen like that was from a hobbiest (guy like us) that made a forum post (around 2010-11). He shared CAD drawings for that model that he was making on his own. He had a pneumatic punch (for the sieve holes) and a press break to bend the scoop. As I recall, it was the same design, but he made two models. One for a straight shaft and another for an angled shaft (handle).

I think it will work ok in sugar sand or in the water. In the muck, you might struggle a little because there isn't a lot of holes to drain the contents. Maybe that is something you can drill on your own. Just buy a punch to mark the hole location, and then drill it 1/4-3/8" diameter.

Best of luck. BTW, what did you pay?

hope you dont hunt in rocky areas, but should work fine in sandy beaches never seen 1 of those b4 good luck with it :D

Yes, Without the mouth coming to a point, that would be difficult in rocks. Interesting scoop though. More pics please.

R5

You'll get a workout with that beast!

PS...I'm also a GVSU alum!

Back
Top Bottom