Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Lost and Found

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-31-2018, 07:00 AM
Slimpickuns's Avatar
Slimpickuns Slimpickuns is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,223
Default

Nice one Mud! seems like those gold chompers tried to make a break for it and hide under your porch!

__________________
Minelab Sovereign GT, 10X12 SEF Coil, Jolly Roger Head Phones, RTG 6" Aluminum Pro Scoop W/SS Tip.

Reply With Quote


  #22  
Old 04-09-2018, 07:20 AM
sandgroper's Avatar
sandgroper sandgroper is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 3,341
Default

That made my day, thanks for posting!

__________________

Detectors: CTX 3030, X-Terra70, Pro-Find 25 Oldest Coin: 1866 English Penny
2018 totals: $1544.20AUD (552x$2, 291x$1, 90x50c, 229x20c, 290x10c, 392x5c, 280x2c, 420x1c) and 168 foreign, collectable or older Australian/English (pre-decimal) coins.
"Swing till your ears ring!"
Reply With Quote


  #23  
Old 04-10-2018, 12:10 AM
iwillbot iwillbot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Seattle-ish, WA
Posts: 268
Default

This would be one cool scavenger hunt item.
Reply With Quote


  #24  
Old 04-13-2018, 02:07 PM
N2990's Avatar
N2990 N2990 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Northwest South Central GA
Posts: 765
Default

The Mud Mansion!

__________________
Minelab Etrac
2018: 33 Silver , Oldest Coin: 1923 Mercury Dime
Totals Since 8/2016 (2017): 42 Silver (6) , Oldest Coin 1919 Wheat

Reply With Quote


  #25  
Old 04-17-2018, 10:50 AM
BRJ123's Avatar
BRJ123 BRJ123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 497
Default

I feel for some reason like this story would only happen to you...

thanks for sharing

__________________
Minelab CTX 3030 ~ Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Reply With Quote


  #26  
Old 04-17-2018, 11:04 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 10,652
Default

Originally Posted by BRJ123 View post
I feel for some reason like this story would only happen to you...

thanks for sharing
Right? I've often wondered about this anomaly that afflicts me...How come I get to experience these strange events? I dont dare share the half of them at the risk of being labeled a profligate and unredeemable liar...

For instance, I actually saw some pelicans out on the Lake this very am on my way home from the beer store. This avian sighting would not be of any consequential note for most people in the Gulf States, no big deal, except for I live in Michigan... Pelicans? Snow on the ground and sub temps? WTH is up with this? I'm gonna take a nap...conserve my strength, maybe an alligator or a Bigfoot will try to jump me this afternoon on the way out to the mailbox!

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #27  
Old 04-17-2018, 11:13 AM
SoOregonMd's Avatar
SoOregonMd SoOregonMd is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sam's Valley Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,100
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Right? I've often wondered about this anomaly that afflicts me...How come I get to experience these strange events? I dont dare share the half of them at the risk of being labeled a profligate and unredeemable liar...

For instance, I actually saw some pelicans out on the Lake this very am on my way home from the beer store. This avian sighting would not be of any consequential note for most people in the Gulf States, no big deal, except for I live in Michigan... Pelicans? Snow on the ground and sub temps? WTH is up with this? I'm gonna take a nap...conserve my strength, maybe an alligator or a Bigfoot will try to jump me this afternoon on the way out to the mailbox!
If and that's a Big IF it happens .. get pictures please !!

__________________
Never a Criminal.. Always an Outlaw

Reply With Quote


  #28  
Old 04-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 10,652
Default

Originally Posted by SoOregonMd View post
If and that's a Big IF it happens .. get pictures please !!
I told my Wife about the Pelicans I saw this morning...even after we have been married 40yrs, she doubted my report and scoffed, "Pelicans?" ...so she pulled it up on the google masheen, and sure enough...a dmaned old flight of pelicans made the local news! Right here!...So I said, 'See! See?" "Pelicans in a blizzard 1000 miles North of where any normal Pelican should be!"

"Now you wont doubt me about that dmand Bigfoot I saw last year on Pere Marquette beach bench pressing that 12' steel framed picnic table early that one foggy morning!", or the Lochness Monster that grabbed my scoop that one day and even ripped a hole in my waders?! And many other things!"

In her defense, granted, it coulda been a Plesiosaur or a Walrus or a Bullshark or a Leopard seal even!...who can tell out there in the dark chest deep before Sun-up what a guy will run into? It for sure wasnt a Pelican...I sure know that!!
Attached Images
   

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


  #29  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:31 PM
SoOregonMd's Avatar
SoOregonMd SoOregonMd is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sam's Valley Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,100
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
I told my Wife about the Pelicans I saw this morning...even after we have been married 40yrs, she doubted my report and scoffed, "Pelicans?" ...so she pulled it up on the google masheen, and sure enough...a dmaned old flight of pelicans made the local news! Right here!...So I said, 'See! See?" "Pelicans in a blizzard 1000 miles North of where any normal Pelican should be!"

"Now you wont doubt me about that dmand Bigfoot I saw last year on Pere Marquette beach bench pressing that 12' steel framed picnic table early that one foggy morning!", or the Lochness Monster that grabbed my scoop that one day and even ripped a hole in my waders?! And many other things!"

In her defense, granted, it coulda been a Plesiosaur or a Walrus or a Bullshark or a Leopard seal even!...who can tell out there in the dark chest deep before Sun-up what a guy will run into? It for sure wasnt a Pelican...I sure know that!!
Muds New Detecting Partner
Attached Images
 

__________________
Never a Criminal.. Always an Outlaw

Reply With Quote


  #30  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Swinglow's Avatar
Swinglow Swinglow is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 5,117
Default

Bwahahahahha only you, John. That's freakin hilarious.

__________________
EQUINOX 600 2018 TOTALS:
(5)
Au (22)Ag Coins (17) Rings (15) .925 Jewelry (5)Coppers

Reply With Quote


  #31  
Old 04-18-2018, 07:56 PM
Foragist's Avatar
Foragist Foragist is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,164
Default

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
...For some strange reason, he spit out his teeth on my front porch,
I can only imagine what you said to the poor duff to make him spew his grill!
At least you can say you got some gold in your scoop. Nice recovery.
Reply With Quote


  #32  
Old 04-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Irons's Avatar
Irons Irons is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,874
Default

Only you buddy!

__________________
AT PRO X 2 ~ GOLD 2018 ~ 23

Reply With Quote


  #33  
Old 04-20-2018, 08:55 PM
jackdaniels's Avatar
jackdaniels jackdaniels is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Self imposed exile on Tatooine
Posts: 396
Default old

Yeah, I find old people do strange things.
Wait...is 49 old?
I guess I am practicing to get old.

__________________
2018
1 14k

Reply With Quote


  #34  
Old 05-04-2018, 10:52 AM
StratTone StratTone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 365
Default

That's damn funny!!!
Reply With Quote


  #35  
Old 08-17-2018, 03:34 AM
pick pick is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 212
Default

That is too funny, at lease you made a sell.
Reply With Quote


  #36  
Old 08-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Soil Surgeon's Avatar
Soil Surgeon Soil Surgeon is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 451
Default

..and here I thought my life was strange .
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.