First silver of 2011 is a Barber dime

filo

Got out for the first real hunt here in Wisconsin. The ground is just starting to thaw and we still have snow covering most of the ground. I found a few spots on some hillsides that were thawed out and clear so I gave it a shot. Went back to a park that I found 100+ silver at last year and found 2 wheaties (1919, 1924) and a 1902 Barber dime in nice condition for my first silver of the year. I think I've got that park pretty well hit but it always seems to surprise me with more finds every time I go back. Thanks for looking and HH (especially to all my northern friends who can find unfrozen ground).

Attachments

• firstsilver2011.jpg
    firstsilver2011.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 187
Very nice

A very nice way to start your year..may the ground continue to thaw and may every hunt suprise you.

wow! 100+ silver at one location. Only in my dreams. Nice hunting. keep it up.

Thanks everyone!

Nebtrac, have you been able to get out yet in Nebraska? If not, I bet you will be able to soon...

Thanks everyone!

Nebtrac, have you been able to get out yet in Nebraska? If not, I bet you will be able to soon...

Not yet Filo. About 2 weeks ago I think the first 4-5" thawed out, then we went back into cold weather again. Can't dig past ½" now.

You're right though. Won't be long. Last year my first hunt was March 6th.

NebTrac

Back
Top Bottom