The Hoover Boys and the MAX

gfbohn

Recent THB vids look like they've been using the MAX but with bigger NEL coils. Makes me wonder about the stock MAX coil. These guys know what they're doing and if they all switched coils .... just wondering. I'm considering buying a MAX (currently using a PRO) and a NEL Tornado for example would be another $200. That puts the price in the NOX range. Thoughts???

Recent THB vids look like they've been using the MAX but with bigger NEL coils. Makes me wonder about the stock MAX coil. These guys know what they're doing and if they all switched coils .... just wondering. I'm considering buying a MAX (currently using a PRO) and a NEL Tornado for example would be another $200. That puts the price in the NOX range. Thoughts???
It would cost more than a Equinox 800.

Check it out.

Callabash Digger did a video on the Max in iron. I think it was this tread.Maybe a couple of months ago. Also check out his Vids on the Equinox. This may help your decision. Good luck. Mark

All metal mode on the max gains some depth, and a bigger coil on any machine equals more depth. Between the two, you'll reach deeper.
-HOWEVER-
What are you using it for? If relics and you dig everything, skip that and just buy a PI. For example, the Sea Hunter with the big coil is going to be significantly deeper than the Maxx with the big coil, and you'll spend about $650 new.

If you're planning on hunting salt-water beaches. THe ATP/Maxx are both the wrong machines for the job. Go with the NOX...it will hunt dry and wet as well discriminate. The PI will also work great at the beach but it can't disc.

The Nox is WAYYYYYY better machine. It deeper than the Max too in discrim mode. Truthfully the max doesn't deserve to be even mentioned in the same sentence as the Equinox. Its better but someone will come along and tell you different.:laughing: Yea those hoover boys cost me a bunch of money because I listened to them. I chased the big coils on my at pro and spent a ton . When in reality I should have just upgraded my machine. I finally did and found out the Deus is deeper with a 9 inch coil than the AT PRO is with a 15 inch Nel attack coil. BTW I'm not mad at the Hoover boys that's their job to sell garrett detectors..

No need for a max, keep your pro and get an Equinox. I did.

Hoover boys find more in one trip than most do in a year.I don't think you need a nox,or at max.You need to find places where there's coins.Most Hoover videos are in plowed fields,as are Calabash videos,of actually hunting.You want old coins,go where they are.As for your at pro,it's a hell of a machine regardless of opinions.Ypu get yourself in some old fields your at pro will light up with old coins.Any machine will for that matter.

Hoover boys find more in one trip than most do in a year.I don't think you need a nox,or at max.You need to find places where there's coins.Most Hoover videos are in plowed fields,as are Calabash videos,of actually hunting.You want old coins,go where they are.As for your at pro,it's a hell of a machine regardless of opinions.Ypu get yourself in some old fields your at pro will light up with old coins.Any machine will for that matter.

Yup! You gotta be where the goods are for sure to begin with. If there's an iffy signal with my Impact or Max, it gets dug!

Yup! You gotta be where the goods are for sure to begin with. If there's an iffy signal with my Impact or Max, it gets dug!

Somtimes I wonder why I just don’t get a tesoro and call it a day.Sure I’ll dig trash,but just think of all those rings and coins partially masked giving incorrect ID ..

If those boys are called Hoover boys with At Max, what would they be called if they used Equinox??

Here's similar to what the Nox does.
Try this with a Hoover.lol

You know there is a vacuum cleaner named Monster out there.
So maybe the Monster boys is the answer.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yTvR1XQJTng

They've just got the most important part of detecting nailed down. It's not what you hunt with, it's where you hunt.

I don't have any doubt how good the Equinox is, but I'm betting a large number of Equinox users can be outdone by someone with any budget detector that isn't afraid to knock on doors and get permissions. One thing the Nox can't do is knock on doors, and I'm sure there are plenty running it in beat up parks wondering why they are getting skunked

Yeah I have been to some of those so called pounded sites that were beat with lesser machines... some oh my mentors best finds and mine have come from places like that.. Go read all the post where the guys are going behind their AT pro pounded sites and the Nox is lighting them up. I have hunted virgin sites, hit sites, and pounded sites. # 1 IS A GOOD SITE. # 2 IS A GOOD DECTECTOR! You don't want to hit a GREAT site with a dud detector ..... because if you do the next guy might come behind you and just hurt your feelings real bad.... Its not what you hunt with but where you hunt business well .... :lol:

They've just got the most important part of detecting nailed down. It's not what you hunt with, it's where you hunt.

I don't have any doubt how good the Equinox is, but I'm betting a large number of Equinox users can be outdone by someone with any budget detector that isn't afraid to knock on doors and get permissions. One thing the Nox can't do is knock on doors, and I'm sure there are plenty running it in beat up parks wondering why they are getting skunked

I want to believe your logic here so bad but I can't.
Why?
Why didn't they just stick to their At Pros then and blow off the the Max.

You know, I don't follow the fellows. They indeed may be on the up and up.
Maybe you do follow.
Do they ever put a video together where they hunt a site and find very little to nothing worthy.

You know, I don't think I ever saw a show where Roland Martin's boat didn't have a fish or 2 or more being reeled in.

Don't think I have ever seen one of those $25,000 plus Ranger boats break down either. Seems they are always going full bore with no problems.

Funny this is, both detecting and fishing I've been skunked many times.

I want to believe your logic here so bad but I can't.
Why?
Why didn't they just stick to their At Pros then and blow off the the Max.

You know, I don't follow the fellows. They indeed may be on the up and up.
Maybe you do follow.
Do they ever put a video together where they hunt a site and find very little to nothing worthy.

You know, I don't think I ever saw a show where Roland Martin's boat didn't have a fish or 2 or more being reeled in.

Don't think I have ever seen one of those $25,000 plus Ranger boats break down either. Seems they are always going full bore with no problems.

Funny this is, both detecting and fishing I've been skunked many times.

I don’t follow them in any sense of the word except they are in my local medal Detecting club.

They get skunked just as much as anyone else does, you just won’t see much of it because it doesn’t make good video. Who wants to watch a video of someone getting skunked? I don’t watch their videos because it isn’t my cup of tea, I’m only into ones that show sounds and vdi readings with the digs. But I know they’re not seeding their videos if that’s what you’re hinting at. Everyone in the club has hunted with them numerous times; they know their machines and squeeze every last drop of performance out of them. They detect a lot, and they detect on a lot of old well researched permissions that are first time hunts.

It’s not hard living anywhere near the birth place of America to go a mile in any direction and hit historical properties never hunted and score permissions.

As to why they don’t stick with the AT Pro, probably because they like the AT platform and the benefits over the AT Pro? My two regular full time hunting partners have every detector under the sun, and over the past several years they still consistently go back to their AT’s and swing them 95 percent of the time. Both pre-ordered Equinox, and both were back to their AT’s after using it a hint or two. And they consistently score with it, regularly stuff that’s displayed here infrequently as “finds of a lifetime”.

I don’t follow them in any sense of the word except they are in my local medal Detecting club.

They get skunked just as much as anyone else does, you just won’t see much of it because it doesn’t make good video. Who wants to watch a video of someone getting skunked? I don’t watch their videos because it isn’t my cup of tea, I’m only into ones that show sounds and vdi readings with the digs. But I know they’re not seeding their videos if that’s what you’re hinting at. Everyone in the club has hunted with them numerous times; they know their machines and squeeze every last drop of performance out of them. They detect a lot, and they detect on a lot of old well researched permissions that are first time hunts.

It’s not hard living anywhere near the birth place of America to go a mile in any direction and hit historical properties never hunted and score permissions.

Never said they were seeding their (finds) videos.
But if they are only showing us their good days and not the bad. That is being selective really. Don't paint true pic of actual detecting in general.
So by all means if folks are only into looking at to when folks find things it's ok.
Myself I got better things to do with my time.

Some folks here do describe their not so good hunts. I like that. It is good for newbies getting into or thinking about getting into the hobby.
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

But if they are only showing us their good days and not the bad. That is being selective really. Don't paint true pic of actual detecting in general.
So by all means if folks are only into looking at to when folks find things it's ok.

Some folks here do describe their not so good hunts. I like that. It is good for newbies getting into or thinking about getting into the hobby.

You aren’t like what most people in what they want to see. That’s why the type of videos I like are few and far between, because most aren’t making them showing different finds and target responses. It’s all showboating. Dirt Fishing and Craig’s Show Me Treasure channel are two examples of ones I’ll go back to.

They are just a video version of a forum in a way. Head over to the “Stories and Pictures of Finds” forum. I don’t see any posts on the first page of people showing their pull tabs and can slaw and talking about getting skunked. Everyone who isn’t an idiot in metal Detecting knows everyone pulls up garbage no matter what their displaying in forums or videos.

You aren’t like what most people in what they want to see. That’s why the type of videos I like are few and far between, because most aren’t making them showing different finds and target responses. It’s all showboating. Dirt Fishing and Craig’s Show Me Treasure channel are two examples of ones I’ll go back to.

They are just a video version of a forum in a way. Head over to the “Stories and Pictures of Finds” forum. I don’t see any posts on the first page of people showing their pull tabs and can slaw and talking about getting skunked. Everyone who isn’t an idiot in metal Detecting knows everyone pulls up garbage no matter what their displaying in forums or videos.

I do like to watch dirt fishing and Craig's videos.

On one of the videos when they were using the Max, they said they weren't finding anything and had moved to a different location. That was before the Max was released to the public. I don't think that is selective at all. I think it's being honest. Would you want to watch 30 minutes of iron, pull tabs and other miscellaneous junk ?

Back
Top Bottom