Venice Beach

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Ok... finely saw a water hunter at Venice beach that looked like he knew what he was doing. So whose hunting in my area? Id like to find a couple of good hunters to hang out with and share some stories and finds with. I think ive seen a total of 3 hunters since i moved here a couple of months ago. I know, I know... most of you are thinking wished i only saw a couple of hunting in my spots. Maybe they learned there isnt anything there lol. Im digging the crap out of pull tabs and nickels right now with little to show for it.

Dew

Wasn't me either. :) I'm close enough to be a buddy! I'm just learning my Beach Hunter ID so I shouldn't be too much of a threat. :lol: If all goes right, Tuesday morning I should be able to come up to your area and do some washing of my machine and scoop. You gonna be available?

Ha.... no it wasnt you Gil. Looks like 7:50 AM is the low tide on Tues, with a new moon meaning the tide is a bit lower. Drop me a PM to let me know where you plan on hunting and what time you will be there gotodude. Hey, im not threat either. At least we know Joe went home and didnt hunting on our side of the state.

Dew

Exactly!! I'll shoot ya a PM when I can narrow down the details. I try to get to the beach with just enough light to see. Lets show these guys how it's done!! :lol: :D:hide:

I love that beach. Well did when I went all the time. Lol. I need to get down their sometime soon. HH guys.

Haven't been to Venice in about 9 years. Such a bitter-sweet memory. My last hunt there I found a nice cut in the sand. Hard pack bottom with a lot of targets as soon as I entered. I managed to recover 1 target, a 1943 50 caliber casing. But at the same time they cleared the beach because of an incoming storm. Never could get back before I left Florida.

I did find a lot of small teeth while recovering my targets though!

They did that to me a few days back.... just got my pants wet and he blew they whistle. The beach has a nice trench with mild waves most of the time because of the sand bar. Fossilman dont think ive met you there yet.

Dew

Hey Dew, I've only dry sanded Venice with my kid. The few times that I have been out was further north. Since they renourished the beach, I can't stand it. Not even to just hang out. I try to detect on the weekdays when I can. It's hard to detect on the weekends with two kids hanging off my shoulders:lol: If you local guys need something welded, just let me know.

Ooooo Fossilman, I may require your assistance with my scoop. I've got it bent to the right angle, but not because I wanted to. The dang thing bent when I went up to Siesta Key. I'll shoot you a PM with a pic of it and maybe a brace welded onto it would suffice. Thanks for the offer!!

I know who that was but if I told you I would have to kill you then so its best you dont know :D He only found a silver ring no gold
I am in Miami hunting right now all day and I didnt see any other hunters either...

You shouldnt have said that Fossilman... i just added you to my friends list. I always need a good welder guy. Cant say i like the dry sand there its hard as a rock in most places there so if anyone knowingly drops something they see it and pick it up. They drop it in the water.... its gone and its ours. There must be a few people hunting it because there seems to be several people always on the beach.... yet its pretty clean in the water. Lot of scub guys out there looking for fossils i assume.

Dew

Nothing worth mentioning for me that day.... well unless you count the 50 some pull tabs and 18 nickels. All that and not a single gold Bill. Darn... he got my silver lol. What machine was he using Bill?

Dew

Venice Eh....Thats a dry sand hunters dream but wet never produced for me in the wet but it should sometime.
I know several guys that fit the bill there. Remember though..Its allot of luck anywhere you hunt so it`s anybody`s game anywhere, anyplace, anytime.
Good luck out there.

You said he looked like he knew what he was doing, well I was there and it couldn't have been me cause I don't have a clue as to what I am doing but I am having a great time, did find a gold ring with diamonds at Siesta Beach though, beginner's luck I guess.

But, I will be at Venice Beach tomorrow morning at 6:30, so wave at me or something so I know who you are!

Back
Top Bottom