First time finds

badsix

i'm new to hunting and the wife got me a Bounty Hunter 3300. so the first time out at the beach I find lots of nails. BUT at lest i'm finding something. I think I need to learn how to block out ferrous metals, i'm mainly looking for coins and jewelry. I also got a permit to hunt a couple state parks in or area.
Jay D

Congratulations on your very first hunt! It sounds like you're off to a great start. :D Like you, I found only trash on my first time out, but I had lots of fun, and that's what makes the hunt successful. :yes: I hope that you uncover lots of great finds in the future! God bless. :waytogo:

Congrats on your 1st hunt!!! Lol don't get discouraged. I have went from being a trash digger only, to being on a small silver streak, and back to worlds greatest trash digger. It goes in cycles. Some days.......well weeks :laughing: you will find that you can't seem to get your coil over anything you want.

I have finally started digging the signals that I used to would have walked over, and man they pay off sometimes. I love metal detecting.....one just never knows what is getting ready to come out of the ground.

Way to get after it. And whenever I spend the day digging trash I balance my frustration with knowing I'm cleaning a bunch of trash out of the ground.

Give yourself time. Good things will come, the good and bad finds is just part of this hobby, and believe me even if you someday have 30 yrs. of hunting under your belt you will still be digging trash.:laughing: , but keep at it and HH

Keep at it - success in this hobby is 90% perseverance. With practice you'll learn what your machine is telling you and the good finds will come.

Beaches can be tricky - the salt water can interfere with the machine. Parks might be a better place to practice.

My first detector was a BH 3300 and it's a solid machine - I found lots of cool stuff with it, including silver coins and jewelry.

Back
Top Bottom