1st hunt of '19 gets me my first barber dime!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
So I text Worm yesterday to see if he wants to go on a hunt this morning. He texts me back that he's got a bad cold, but he's not on his deathbed and as long as he's still breathing, sure he'd love to go! So we meet up at an older school we hit a couple of weeks ago. There's an old ballfield there that we didn't hit last time. So we start there. I found a very small sterling kid's ring and a cool arrowhead pendant. Worm got a really nice old button that has an anchor on it. Around lunchtime we went back to the school grounds, but Worm wasn't feeling good so he called it a day. I stayed and found some more clad and was hunting my way back to the car when I got a high signal with numbers jumping from the upper 20s to the low 30s. It was deep compared to the clad I'd been digging. I popped the plug and still got a signal in the hole so I dug a little more out and I saw silver, but not of the kind I had ever dug before. I had my first barber!

Attachments

• 20190106_130223_HDR.jpg
    20190106_130223_HDR.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 407
  • 20190106_171921_HDR.jpg
    20190106_171921_HDR.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 20190106_171931_HDR.jpg
    20190106_171931_HDR.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 20190106_172004_HDR.jpg
    20190106_172004_HDR.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 378
  • 20190106_182046_HDR.jpg
    20190106_182046_HDR.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 383
Sweet! Congrats on the first Barber, and the other cool finds as well - great hunt!

I finally found my first Barber coins just this past year (a dime and a quarter in the same hole), and I was grinning for a week. It seems like some people find them fairly often, but it took me seven years. Hope yours is the first of many.

Nice start NC! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta say, that little pendant with the mini buffalo nickel is my favorite out of the whole lineup. Really nice haul, congrats!

Sorry Travis is a bit under the weather. You had one very nice outing Scott. Congrats on your first ever Barber, the Sterling, the Buffalo Arrowhead Pendant and all the rest. Trapper

Congrats those are some very nice finds! I'm still looking for my first Barber. Maybe it will happen this year.

Congrats on that Barber brother!! I wish I had still been there when she came out of the hole!!! Lol I felt like death had crept up behind me and whacked me with my shovel when I left. Got home showered, and haven't left the couch to speak of since!!!

Congrats on that Barber brother!! I wish I had still been there when she came out of the hole!!! Lol I felt like death had crept up behind me and whacked me with my shovel when I left. Got home showered, and haven't left the couch to speak of since!!!

Hope you get better soon, there's silver waiting for you:yes:

Awesome hunt NCtoad ! Congrats on your first Barber ! I have one of those little Arrowhead Buffalo /nickel charms that I found around the house here ( somewhere ) and also one we bought new in Lake Tahoe many years ago ( also somewhere ) . I don't seem to remember a date on them though . I'm going to have to see if I can find them .

Congrats on your first Barber, NC! And that arrowhead pendant is fantastic as well - cool, unique find! Great hunt!

Thats a pretty nice haul! Congrats on your 1st Barber. Congrats on all the other great finds as well! Nice Job.
Get better soon Worm.:sick:

Back
Top Bottom