Experiences with Whites TRX vs Garrett Pro-pointer AT

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I picked up a Whites Bullseye TRX pinpointer as a back-up to my Orange Garrett Pro-pointer. I also needed a second quality pinpointer for my son to use when we both go out. I used the TRX today and it seems much less sensitive than the Garrett. I had a hard time locating targets. It seemed like it wouldn't sound unless it was almost touching the target. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on the TRX? It wasnt mentioned in the instructions. What's your experience with the TRX?

I’m a Garrett carrot fan but I’ve met people who love the trx. They said it’s more of a tip pointer where the carrot does sides. If that helps any.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

I use both but find myself using the TRX as my main pinpointer. I find that the TRX can act funky when the batteries are getting low. However, it zeroes in nicely on what I'm looking for in a hole. The carrot is great when I'm looking for a small item in sand though. The carrot annoys me when I'm probing trashy areas and it goes off as soon as I stick it in the hole.:lol::hide:

Me too. The TRX depth is what I love. Those deep targets are easily found.

Back
Top Bottom